
TOBI!
Mr. Tobinsky, Tobi Tobilini, The Bobe, Tobe Meister.....and these are just a few of the nick names that we have called Tobi in the past 7 years. He's been a big part of our family since we moved out west. I always said before Alex and Rachel came into our lives that Tobi was the best reason that we ever moved here.
When Tobi was our only 'child' we devoted sooooooo much energy and time into raising him. He was walked a zillion times a day - rain or shine. We would brush his fur, hold him and go to Petcetera to get him treats. I guess looking back he was good practice for us being parents.
But once Alex and Rachel came into our lives, he slowly started getting less and less attention. It's true, our 'son' slowly became JUST the family dog. He barks a lot too when people first come to visit. For the first 5 minutes or so I can't even hear what the other person is saying because Tobi is so excited that we have someone over. That part of Tobi I must admit is annoying. For the past few weeks I've been complaining about Tobi quite a bit. It definitely has to do with the fact that Ed's place is not fenced so we have to keep walking Tobi in the morning, afternoon and night. I've even been toying with the idea of giving Tobi away.
BUT all that has changed since someone actually wants to keep Tobi now. Just the thought of giving him to another home breaks my heart. He's a lot of work but I really can't imagine my life without him. He's always by my side, he follows me to wherever I am in the house, lies down beside me as soon as the kids go to bed, has been there for me when I've been really down and has been a constant companion. I just can't give him away. Just look at those eyes.... they're brown... just like chocolate (as the girls would say). So despite the fact that he's smelly sometimes, and dried leaves get caught in his beard and end up in our house, and he barfs on the carpet... I can't help but love him. Barking and all.
2 comments:
As far as Schnauzer's go he's the cutest I've seen...but he's no Bosco or anything!! And to add to your list of Tobi's good characteristics, remember when he was so protective of the girls when Bosco tried to go around them? When Bosco gave your girls the sloppiest, slurpiest kiss on top of their tiny heads? Ha ha ha...that was funny!
Oh Man!!! I really thought we had made a good match for Tobi. I thought he would be loved so much with "the people who want him now" and he would get so much attention and everything. oh man....So my Baby will know who is making that annoying sound once he/she is born.
I swear we are all going to do deaf early cause of him, can't you at least get him de-barked? Hahaha!
Post a Comment