Sunday, March 05, 2006

Swimming, Swimming, Eating!

We're back from our little mini get away. I was feeling like I needed a break so we booked a hotel room for Saturday night and packed up some clothes, some food and headed to the bigger city about an hour away. It was crazy busy! I mean all the cars, all the traffic lights, no parking, all the people and the line ups! And I'm just talking about the Wholesale Club (which I loved - but because of all the people and stuff, we shopped really fast and left). Did I really live in Montreal at one time? Anyhow, once we got to the hotel, we didn't leave all afternoon. There was a full kitchenette in the room, so I made lunch, and then we headed to the pool.

The girls LOVED swimming. James and I always want to go swimming with them but it seems like we never get around to it. Now that we have moved and the whole house selling thing is finished we are going to try and make this a weekly activity. They were having a ball. There were some other kids in the pool and Alex and Rachel were staring at them swimming, and putting their heads underwater and all. One of the older girls was named Rachel and when she heard us call our Rachel she came over to let us know that her name was Rachel too. Alex and Rachel LOVED listening to the kids talk and scream and swim. Then once they left, they were trying to put their heads underwater.....well until Alex got water up her nose and then they didn't think it was too fun anymore. The cool thing about this pool was that you could swim indoors and outdoors. The pool was heated so it was so warm and it was so sunny outside yesterday so we spent most of our time in the outdoor part of the pool. It was really relaxing and refreshing to be in the warm water but to breathe in cool fresh air.

After swimming and giving them a bath they looked like they were ready for bed. But we still needed to have dinner so we called up Lina and Greg and met up with them. We went to this Chinese restaurant that they recommended. Alex, Rachel and Kathleen played so well together. And baby Steven is soooooo adorable. It was funny when I was holding him though, Alex kept telling me to give him back to his own mama and to hold her instead. And when one little girl had to go to the potty, it seemed like they all had to go. So at one time, I had three little 2 year olds in the bathroom stall with me. (If you were a fly on the wall, I'm sure you would have thought that I was wacky. I'm paranoid of germs in a public bathroom, so while I'm holding one girl over the toilet seat, I'm saying to the other two... ok please don't touch that...no touching that....it's dirty remember). Too funny. We all had a great evening, and ate too much Chinese food. Lina and Greg had to take home 6 doggy bags home with leftovers. We all ordered too much food. I'm pretty sure I know what they are going to eat tonight.

Today was really fun too and very delicious. We woke up and had breakfast in the room and then we headed back to the pool for some more splishing and splashing. After breakfast I was wondering why we all ate so much since we were going to have brunch at 10 am. But after spending time in the pool, we were all hungry again when we got out of the water. Which was a good thing because we were going to my most favorite place to go for brunch. The food is soooooo delicious and fresh and the dessert table is fabulous. We all had so much good yummy food. It was so great to have this beautiful meal with my family and have everyone enjoy it. Then we rolled into our van and Alex, Rachel and I fell asleep in less than 5 minutes of being in the car. James drove us home safely:). So that is our weekend. We are back home and I've got lots of laundry and cleaning to do now. It was really a great get away. Hope you guys had a relaxing weekend too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your little get away was fun! We enjoyed doing things like that with our children also when they were young. Good for you!
Yes we get used to our little laid back towns with not alot of traffic...we are spoiled! Glad you "4" had fun!

Shalane said...

Thats sounds like a lot of fun Audrey! Good for you guys and getting away, everyone deserves a little get away now and then. Glad to hear you all had fun!
-Shalane*

Anonymous said...

Wow, the girls look too cute in bikinis... I am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves; did you ask for frequent guest points? Say after 4 stays, the 5th could be free?!
The Ahn-Royer clan spent the weekend blowing our stuffed noses...
xoxoxo