Sunday, March 26, 2006


Lala Gabor & Rachel Ray

These are the names that we call our kids when we are goofing around at home with them. Rachel has been calling Alex, Lala, ever since she could talk. She calls her Alex now but every once in a while we hear her calling her Lala. And for some strange reason, James added the Gabor at the end of this name. As for Rachel, we've been calling her Rachel Ray for a long time too. I like the real Rachel Ray's cooking show on TV and when the kids were younger I used to watch it religiously. Somehow the name just stuck.

This morning when I came back from walking Tobi, I walked into the house and saw that Alex and Rachel had made a bed in the middle of the family room. Pillows, blankets and all were laid out on the floor. Alex was lying down on this bed and Rachel had Alex's foot in her hand. Giving her a foot massage! So funny. "Mama, I'm giving Lala a foot massage" says Rachel. And Alex responds with "Mama I'm relaxing". How do they come up with these games.

Alex is so sweet and giving to Rachel. Rachel is such a character and usually can convince Alex to give up something that she wants. Like for instance this beautiful 'emerald' with 'diamonds' ring that Carleen gave to Alex this week. Carleen made the ring fit Alex's finger with some masking tape on the backside. Alex LOVES wearing this ring and wears it all day long. You see this is Alex's special ring since Rachel has pigtails and Alex doesn't. Rachel has been begging Alex to wear the ring from day one. To which Alex responds.... no Rachel... you have pigtails and I have ring. So that night once the pigtails were out of her hair, Rachel teary eyed says to Alex, I don't have pigtails AND I don't have a ring. Then big tears flowed from her eyes. Alex thought it over and it seemed pretty reasonable to her I guess because she handed Rachel the ring. But then they had the funniest conversation after that. Alex says to Rachel.... give me a kiss Rachel. So Rachel gives Alex a kiss to which Alex responds.... now we are married. Haha. James and I were laughing so much. James asked them....who did Papa marry. To which they responded...mama. So James continued to ask.... who did Kaili marry.....to which they responded (with a smile on their face).... Phil! (Phil is Shalane's boyfriend). haha. Thanks Carleen for the beautiful ring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex, Rachel, and Guys!!
Have a wonderful warm sunday!

Kaili said...

I saw the picture, I knew it was Rachel's hand and was wondering how she con'd Alex into giving it to her.
So funny!

Anonymous said...

Wow those girls are smart, they have finally clued into Kaili's little secret re. Phil. I'm so glad Alex likes her ring! She looked so proudly at it, as I put it on her cute little finger.

Susie said...

What a special present.

Joyce said...

what a little scammer! i LOVE those stories...too funny!