Monday, March 06, 2006



Good Intentions...

I woke up early and saw the most amazing thing. I've been seeing this beautiful bald eagle fly around the Lake by our rental house, but this morning I actually saw it dip down into the water and then fly off again... and right in front of our window. So incredible.

So I had all these grand plans today. James was off to work for 12 hours so I figured, I would do all this work around the house. My day started off with walking Tobi at the park, then came back home to pick up the girls and drive Tobi to get his haircut, then the girls and I went to Safeway to go grocery shopping. Just this simple outing had me totally pooped. What a wimp, eh? Anyhow, after I put away the groceries, I ignored the messy house and took a great nap with the girls. When we woke up it was already noon and it was time to get them dressed once again and out the door to pick up Tobi. So this is the point that my good intentions started to go out the window. I had bought all this healthy food at the grocery store but all of a sudden it was close to 1 o'clock and the girls were hungry and I had a craving for a McDonald's Sundae (which I've been eating way too many of these days) so I made a quick stop to McD's for some very bad food and then headed home with the girls. So while we were eating this junk I was already feeling guilty but to make it worse, the girls both got sick.... Oh man. what a terrible mom. And so back to trying to be healthy once again. As for all the housework... I got a few loads of laundry done, vacuumed the living room, and cleaned up the kitchen. I don't know why this takes me so long to do. It's really a small house. But I'm terrible at housework and I don't think I do it very efficiently. I'll be vacuuming and then I stop because I hear the dryer go off so I unload the dryer only to find dishes that need to be brought back to the sink... and then I notice that the garbage is so full and needs to be brought out.... and while I'm outside, I might as well bring Tobi along so he can do his business.... and then when we come back in I find the vacuum in the middle of the living room. Does this happen to everyone? And I had all these grand plans for dinner. I even took out some frozen ground beef. But it's past supper time and the beef is still frozen so I guess I'll be making just a sandwich and salad for James' dinner. Just a side note...the girls had a healthy dinner. Lot's of veggies. How did women in the olden days do it? Have a beautiful clean house and have a super dinner ready on the table?

One thing that I got very excited about is that one of my favorite columnists, Rebecca Eckler, has a blog! Imagine that. She wrote about mommy bloggers in the Globe and Mail this weekend and put down her blog address which I linked to my site. Her columns always make me laugh and her blog is quite interesting. It's great to know that she faces the same challenges as other moms.

Here are some pictures that the girls painted this afternoon. The first one is Alex's. Can you see the airplane that she drew?

And this one is Rachel's. Lot's of flowers.




And this is the beautiful view that we see everyday. And where we see the bald eagle in action.

Well it ended up being a quiet day with the girls. I loved spending the day with them.

And 24 is on tonight. 2 hour special. Yeah!

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Just a quick note, it's almost 11:00pm here and I have to go to bed...the girls pictures are so good! I can totally make out the airplane and flowers! And your view is crazy-beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It's not how clean your house is that matters. It is that you spent time with your girls. I love the pictures! Keep them safe and frame them. I LOVE our wall of the children's art work.It is the "first" pictures that we ALL enjoy the most now. The people with the BIG belly buttons,(much like Kaili's now!) and the people (Family members)with the "21" fingers on each hand, that we treasure the most.

Kaili said...

Audrey Mama,
I didn't know you were with the girls on your own yesterday. You should have come to summerland and we could have hung out.
The girls showed me their painting this morning, so beautiful!!

Susie said...

I think you are supermom, Audrey. Working, taking care of James, and loving on your babies. And I have seen your house and it is usually spotless. Even on those days when it is not so clean, remember that the ladies in the olden days probably ran around the house throwing things into any which cupboard 5 minutes before their husband came home. As for the dinner thing, maybe they had some kinda meals on wheels. Ok, well that's my dilusional mind speaking, but I still think you are doing a fabulous job.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Guys,

Finally I got this spot.
It's amazing for visiting.
Keep up date many pictures, and story.

Have a wonderfull day with cute twins.

Dad

Kaili said...

Coo Coo Audrey,
I can't believe you figured out how to change your links and you changed mine to my CRAZY friend Kaili, even ask the girls they don't think I am CRAZY. Maybe your the CRAZY one thinking I'm CRAZY!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha! Remember when you & James used to make fun of my house and ask silly questions as to how we could even buy nice furniture with all my monkeys jumping on them... I have come to realize that "Wonder Woman" didn't deserve her title; she was a single career oriented woman with NO KIDS!
- love you in all your susposed messiness, Susan xoxoxo