








A Wonderful Afternoon in Old Montreal
One of my favorite things that we did this visit was spend some time in Old Montreal with Alex and Rachel. First, I had to convince my mom and James that we should go to China Town for Cantonese Lobster (yummy). And bonus on top of that was we went when the restaurant was serving dim sum. So after this delicious lunch James and I took the girls to Old Montreal. We went on a horse/carriage ride, looked at all the beautiful buildings and ate ice cream & drank slushees. Basically we did all the touristy things that we never did when we actually lived in Montreal. The girls loved it. But they were quite disappointed that we could only feed the horse oats instead of apples and carrots like Strawberry Shortcake does with her filly friends.
6 comments:
SO FUN!!! I LOVE Old Montreal! Rob and I went there for our first date years and years ago. Sat on a terrace and ate and had some drinks. Ahhh...good times! I'm happy that you all had a good time doing the touristy stuff. Did the girls actually stick out their hands and feed the horse...as in actually FEEL the horses' mouth on their tiny hands?
Joyce, I fed them the oats because I thought they would be freaked out. But they were really upset that I didn't give them some oats to feed the horse. Especially Rachel.
You're such a meanie. Of course they would be upset!!! Who doesn't want to be slimed by horse saliva???
It looks like such fun! Isn't it wonderful that you can revisit these cool places you use to go to when you were a child with your own children now? I bet they loved it and I love the Strawberry Shortcake reference! What is the photo of the Empire Building? Is there a significance? It's beautiful.
All the buildings used to be owned by the shipping companies - busy port in the olden days. The Empire building isn't one that stands out as significant or anything, we just took a whole bunch of pics.
You guys , Alex and rachel you are soooo cute and hillarious with the outfits (princess and Hawaien hula -hula)
I wish that I am there with you guys .
love you and miss you . sending my million kissess
halmonie.
Post a Comment