Friday, June 09, 2006


Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Lately the girls just love playing dress up. They love all the princess characters like Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, etc.....But funny how they have never watched the real fairy tale movies but they already like the characters. I tried to rent them some of the princess stories but they usually find some character in the story scary and want me to turn the movie off. We do have the Cinderella book which they want me to read them all the time. But the version I bought has Cinderella's father in it and he dies and leaves Cinderella to her stepmother. They are fascinated with this page. When I overhear them reading it to each other, they always say, man dies....just like ants. Clearly they don't understand. But they love this book, especially the page where the fairy godmother turns Cinderella's clothes into this beautiful ballgown. And the ballgown is flowy and white. So you can imagine how much they loved these dresses that they got for a birthday gift from James' sister. Usually beautiful dresses like these only get worn once to a special occasion but I think it will get daily use from my girls when they want to imagine themselves as princesses. The only mirror they can see themselves in is the one on my dresser. So they spent lots of time on my bed looking at their own reflections and having loads of fun.

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Gorgeous!!! How fun it would be to wake up and make-believe that you're a princess or hula girl...and just play play play all day?!? Why are you up and posting a blog at 5am???

Audrey said...

Joyce, I posted this last night. They dressed up after dinner yesterday and didn't take off their dresses until James got home from work at 8:40pm. It was so late that they didn't even get a bath last night. That's how much they didn't want to take off their dresses and show papa. And then first thing this morning they have been begging to put on their pretty white dresses. I told them no since we are going out.

Anonymous said...

Audrey, don't deny the girls their fun - who cares that they are dressed like princess?! It's a lot better that Victor putting on my orange plastic mixing bowl on his head pretending he's a fireman AND refusing to take it off when we went out. I immediately went to the toy store that day to get him a fireman hat so that I could do my errands in peace (and to avoid the stares of others).
- Susan xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

p.s. Edouard wore his Buzz Lightyear costume almost everyday for a month... then it was finally Halloween! He was very sad when he had finally grown too big for his suit and still asks if I could find him another one...
- S.

Shannon said...

What fun!! Playing dress up is a kid's right and privilege. Your daughters ARE princesses and should dress accordingly. I remember when I was a kid, every year I'd dress as a princess for Halloween in my mum's old 1950's tulle dress and a cheap aluminum tiara that said "Happy Birthday." I wish I could still do that! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the AWESOME banana bread cupcakes. Your Williams Sonoma pan is cooler than mine cause it has a lot more shapes. They were too pretty displayed in the Strawberry Shortcake napkins (that was the first thing I noticed!). That was sweet that you hunted down team MumBo all afternoon, so thanks for nabbing Jeff while he was under Dr. Evil's scalpel (I loved the story of how the girls were scared of Papa in his mask - poor James...he'll be grey soon) and thanks for giving him a ride home in the pouring rain. You're too sweet and thoughtful! I was going to call and thank you, but I misplaced your number when I changed wallets. So thank you very much! I had them for breakie this morning!!

Anonymous said...

They are real princess if someone ask me right now what i want most at this very moment,I want be with you guys Alex and Rachel.

love you halmonie

Anonymous said...

How beautiful Angels !!!!
I miss them already.
I love you so much.......

May God blessing you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey!!

Alex and Rachel are too cute and hilarious!!!!

What happens when their dress gets dirty? Will they let you wash it or will they not take it off?

Love and miss you!
Romy

Shalane said...

sounds all so familiar...haha!!!
"Every girl is a princess, it is our right!" Quote from the movie little princess.
-Shalane*