Sunday, June 18, 2006

No Secrets at this House

Alex, Rachel & I spent Friday afternoon making & decorating Father's Day cards for Papa. I quickly cleaned up the evidence and told the girls that Father's Day is Sunday and we have to hide these cards until then. So then we hid the cards. OK Done. But then, as soon as Papa got home and we sat down for dinner, they turned to me and said....let's give Papa his cards....When I pretended I didn't hear what Alex said, she continued...you know...the one we just made...the sparkly one...the one you are hiding. Oh brother. So we gave James his Father's Day card early on Friday night.

Then yesterday, the girls and I went out to look for a small gift for James. But I couldn't find what I was looking for. So we headed to Winners and bought him some underwear. Everyone needs new underwear, right? On the drive back home, I mentionned that we have to wrap Papa's present and give it to him tomorrow on Father's Day. But soon after we got home, Rachel blurts out....we bought you new underwear... it's in the bag in your bedroom....go see Papa. Too funny. So my question is, how do you keep anything secret/surprise nowadays with these 2 girls talking so much? Anyhow, it was a fun(ny) Father's Day at our house.

Happy Father's Day Papa!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

funny girls...funnier picture of James...ha ha ha...i can say that as the younger sister-in-law!!! hope your father's day is filled with lots of smooches!

Shannon said...

Happy Father's Papa! The story of the girls blurting out the surprises is classic. Hope you have a fun-filled day and lots of Papa Juice!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've never left a comment before, but James' picture was too priceless not to comment. James looks almost normal for the first time! LOL

The girls are too cute, and I LOVE reading everything they're up to. Thanks so much for sharing.

Sonia