Friday, June 30, 2006


'Big Fat Juicy Weiner' BBQ

We had big fat juicy weiners and hamburgers for dinner tonight along with a kick-ass potato salad that Shannon made, chickpea salad that I made and dessert (triffle, brownies made by Jeff and Rum Cake made by Shannon). I ate a little bit of all three desserts! Shannon and Jeff always bring over so much food. But how can I tell them not to when everything they make is so tasty? Yummy. Here are some pictures. One of the highlights was holding Jaia for a LONG time. Yes, it's true, I held him while he slept and I held him for at least half an hour. That is a record since he never wants to be held by anyone else besides his own mama.

So what is new in my life? I am totally immobilized with stress and indecision. Everynight James asks me....did you re-book Alex's appt with Dr. Shapiro - to which I respond, no. Then he will ask....did you find us a place to live - NO. Did you pick out the knobs for the kitchen drawers - again No. NO NO NO NO. I have so many decisions to make, so many things to do and yet I do nothing at all. Which is stressing me out. It's like I can't move my body to do all these pressing things. There's too much to do so instead I'm doing nothing but my normal routine of going outside with the girls. Obviously this has got to stop NOW.

We have exactly one week in this rental. Ed has graciously let us stay here one extra week. And who knows when we will actually move into our new house and where we will be living in the meantime. So enough procrastinating already. I'll let you know what we decide to do....I guess sometime before next week In the meantime...anyone interested in coming over for a BBQ tomorrow night?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Excellent BBQ Audrey! Ok, duly noted, I won't bring anymore food! Yes, you held Jaia and he's an angel and I have the proof with the photos. Don't stress girl! Everything will get sorted eventually...it always does, right?

Joyce said...

poor you...sounds stressful...you can always do what I do, and put all the things you need to make decisions about in a hat, and just pick!!! Cut out pictures of all the kitchen knobs you like, put it in a hat, and PICK one...DONE. Then pick the places you may want to live in, and do the same thing...leave it to FATE!!! Anyway, Happy Canada Day...hope you have fun today...leave all the crappy stuff until Monday.