Wednesday, June 21, 2006


Both Lakes in One Day?!!!

Today was a really fun relaxing day for us girls. James is at work so he couldn't join in the fun. This morning the girls wanted to come with me to walk Tobi at S Beach. We had gone there yesterday as a family and the girls biked the whole length of the S Beach, then we all played in the sand and then we came home. So when we got there this morning they wanted to do the same thing. The bikes were still in the back of my van, so I pulled them out, got the girls on their bikes, and we all went for a stroll walking Tobi. Tobi was so excited to be included in this big ordeal. I remember when the girls were really young and a handful, that I wondered when I would ever be able to go out with them by myself. And today on my walk, I was amazed that the time has passed so quickly and that it was so easy to get out with the girls. The girls were saying such funny things like....Ready, Set, Go! before they raced off on their bikes or Rachel taunting Alex...you can't catch me.....and Alex looking at me and saying....mama this is so fun.

So we got back home just in time for their naps. They napped and I read a book curled up on the couch under a blanket. Oh ya, this was after I packed up a couple of boxes. So not totally laxy.

Then in the afternoon I had errands to run in town. So we got all of them done AND we got to play at O Beach (or Black Cherry Beach) for another hour. So 2 Beaches/Lakes in one day. Pretty good day, eh? But once in the car after I had driven away and on my way to the post office, Rachel says to me...oh oh I have only one shoe? She had flip flops on. I kept driving thinking that one flip flop must have fallen off in the car. So I told her not to worry and that when I stopped driving I can help her get the other shoe. She responded ....but shoe is still on the beach. What!!!!? She explained that she had left it behind on the steps off the beach. That was too crazy. So I drove back and found it exactly where she explained it. Can you believe it?!! I was so happy that she told me that BEFORE I got to the post office. I love that they can communicate completely with me.

One bad part of the day....my rice maker broke!!!!! Aaahhh. To may people this may not really matter but we eat rice almost every day. It's been kind of on the fritz for a couple of weeks but whenever I jiggled the cord, I could get it going. But of course, today when everyone is starving it decides to not work...which means I have to make rice on the stove top. Which I guess turns out OK. Time to eat now so I'll end this here. Bye guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your girls are sooooo dollable , sooooooo cute, and smart.

enjoy every-minutes,
your girls are real precious blessing from The Lord .
Miss you ,love you guys .
halmonie

Shannon said...

What a fun day that was! AND the girls even got a nap and Mama got to read her new book. Sounds pretty darn close to perfection if you ask me! Oh, and you forgot to mention that you were dressed just like the girls in "Mama's favorite colour"...green! That was too adorable when you walked into the office.

Anonymous said...

Ah HA! The girls are more independent... thereby not being such a problem of you traveling with them on the plane to Montreal!

xoxoxox

Joyce said...

fun! i LOVE how well the girls can talk...they sound so cute. and thanks for the charger...

miss you all!

Kaili said...

You sent Joyce the camera charger? That is serious, she is never going to give it back now! Hahaha!
Love the pictures and the stories!

Kaiya & Dad said...

Audrey... I feel your pain! Losing a limb... but a broken rice cooker! Yikes! You ok? Those caucasians would never understand. Just makes sure your new one is the one with a timer. It is amazing. You can set it and forget it! It is awesome! Enjoy!!!