Sunday, June 25, 2006


Alex, Rachel & their new friends

The girls met Adam & Scott this weekend. They are also identical twins (almost 4 years old) who are visiting from Dubai. The girls played hard to get at first. Ignoring the boys completely. But after hours of hours of not saying a word to them, they eventually warmed up and they were all playing & laughing together... that is until the boys hogged the plate of chips away from the girls!

What does this mean? We have the Strawberry Shortcake Seaberry DVD which has on it's cover Strawberry Shortcake with her friends all wearing beachwear. Rachel loves to look at this cover and tell me that she wants to wear no clothes like SS. And today since we played in the lake she wore her bikini and LOVED it. She didn't take off the bikini top all day long. And when I put her in the bath tonight she still didn't want to take it off. I had to convince her that we will probably go back in the lake tomorrow so she can wear it again tomorrow. So one of my daughters likes to dress almost naked. Hmmmm, weird.

And on a very emotional sad note, my Alex has the biggest cavity in the world. It feels like the end of the world for mama me. We brought her to the dental office tonight and did everything we could think of to fix it. She opened her mouth long enough for James' to clean up a little bit of the decay but she reached her point where she no longer wanted to stay put. So after she cried for a long time, then I started to bawl. I feel like such a bad parent. How can this happen?!!! I brush her teeth. Obviously not well enough. So we have sworn off juice and anything else sugary until we get it fixed at the specialist office. Our appt right now stands for November!!!! But James is going to try and pull a few strings and get her in sooner. I feel so badly that this has happened and now is out of my control to fix. James tried to make me feel better by telling me that he sees this all the time. I will keep my fingers crossed that it gets fixed up soon.

Good night everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beutiful picture but funny story.
It seems like fun these day.
Another new week is coming.

Have a wonderful all new days.

Joyce said...

Do you remember I had a black rotton front tooth because of eating too much candy when I was little??? And I grew up fine...and I also like to dress almost naked...can't wait to take the girls to get their first tattoos!

Shannon said...

Audrey, Jeff wants to meet the Dubai folks. Can you ask them for a chit chat sometime this week please?? Maybe they can go to the beach with you and Jeff Friday on YOUR DAYS OFF!!! Grr...ha ha. We're having a picnic that day for lunch.
Sorry about poor Alex's tooth. NO fun! Like Joyce, if it's any solace, I was cavity central when I was a kid. My dentist put steel caps on my teeth over the cavities which proceeded to all come off when I would chew bubble gum, revealing the owies underneath. I survived and so will she. Glad Papa could help her out. Is the specialist for kids only?

So, the girls like to be naked and have cavities...they're just like Aunty Joyce! Oh, and as for Joyce's tattoo comment....Audrey did you tell Joyce about how you figured out why the girls wanted a tattoo on their toe while in Montreal? Joyce, I have a ladybug tattooed on my toe which, Alex in particular, is fascinated with. Hence why she wanted the toe tattoo, but I always tell her not to get a tattoo as they hurt too much (well on the toe which is all bone).