Thursday, May 04, 2006


Thursday, May 4th, 2006

This is a photo of Rachel taking a picture with her Dora camera of the family of geese. Just after she took some pictures the camera fell into the lake but luckily Tobi and I were able to save it.

What another beautiful day today in the Okanagan. I came home this afternoon to find Kaili, Alex and Rachel enjoying the sunshine out in the backyard. After saying my hellos and getting my hugs and kisses, we saw a family of geese swim by. We've all seen this family before but the babies have grown up so much. Just in a matter of days! There are 6 of them in total. So cute....so I ran inside to grab my camera. Rachel ran in to and got her Dora camera and started to take some pictures too.


So only about 1 1/2 weeks more of work for me at Wood Gundy. I'm extremely happy with my decision to stay at home and can't wait until I don't have to get up early and leave the house. So I'm looking forward to May the 12th but at the same time dreading it. Because it is also the day that Kaili will be leaving us. Everyday that I get home from work these days I want to just hang out with Kaili and I don't want her to leave. We were joking that next Friday we won't even look at each other or say one word to each other because we know that we will both be crying and the girls will probably be freaked out.

So the plan is that I will honk when I get home and walk slowly to the front door and Kaili will be ready to leave at that exact same moment and leave out the back door so we avoid seeing each other altogether. And of course, we will plan a BBQ or something like that that same weekend so we will see each other but that would be different because we won't be at my house and it will be a totally different environment.


Don't you just love this picture of Kaili with Alex, Rachel and TOBI! We are ALL going to miss you. But don't worry we will see you so often because I'll drive to Summerland to bug you all the time! And I want another ice Americano that Robin made me yesterday afternoon at the Beanery. It was really good!

Well hope everyone is having a good day. It's Friday tomorrow, then the weekend!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like haven over there.
So beautiful pictures, and story.
last goose picture is so peaceful.

Audrey said...

Dad, it is VERY peaceful here. Perfect for you to retire here...hint hint.

Anonymous said...

This blog made me SO SAD, because I know how hard it is going to be for Kaili that day to say good-bye. Heavens I'm crying right now just thinking about it. She loves those girls SO much and will miss them terribly!

Joyce said...

my eyes are watering reading Carleen's comment! and i'm at work, so people are going to think i'm a freak! Kaili, maybe you should call in sick on May 12th...avoid the whole "last day" thing!!! ha ha ha

Joyce said...

and i LOVE the picture of the family of ducks!!! so cute how one parent is in front and the other is at the back...so cute how even animal-parents are so protective!