
Saturday Afternoon at Hawthorne Mountain Vineyard
I have to write this blog before the nice buzz of the wine wears off. I spent the afternoon with my girlfriends up at Hawthorne vineyards in OK Falls. Drinking wine and making a planter. It was a wine festival event and it was REALLY fun. I have never gotten my hands dirty in soil to make a planter before. We got instructions on how to make this planter with a diagram and everything. Which was really good for a beginner like me. The only thing that I felt uncomfortable about it finding a worm in the soil. When one of the ladies overheard me asking my friends if this was possible, she laughed and said...oh dear... there are NO worms when the soil comes out of a bag....except if you are extrememly unlucky.

I think she was just kidding but I was still really careful. Anyhow I got really into the dirt and it was super fun. My planter looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Now I have to remember to water it often and watch it grow.
Then we were all treated to wine and appetizers. So we sat outside in the fresh air and drank, ate and laughed. It was awesome. It's so beautiful there.




Then when my friend Shannon drove me home, we pulled into the driveway to see the girls and James in the driveway. They were pretty impressed with my planter. And I bought another little kit so that I could make another planter with my girls at home today. Is this the start of another hobby, hmmmmm?
1 comment:
why didn't you take a picture of your planter instead of just bragging about it?
Post a Comment