




Sunday Pics
Here are just a few pictures that we took today. We went to NkMip Winery this morning for a breakfast wine tasting. NkMip is the first aboriginal winery in Canada and the building and setting was just spectacular. Kind of different to have 4 glasses of different wines at 9:30 in the morning but it was definitely delicious and fun. The wines were accompanied by cheese, bread and some different meats. Not your typical breakfast but I guess bacon and eggs don't really go with Pinot Noir. I actually held back my drinking because I knew that I would be so sleepy this afternoon. I'm assuming my buddy Shannon is having a great snooze just about now....lucky girl! The Spring wine festival is really wonderful and it was great to get out yet again!
This afternoon the whole family went to a nursery again to buy some herbs: sweet basil, thai basil, mint, and rosemary. So we are all excited to pot these herbs and grow them all summer long and make delicious meals with them. We also picked up some bird seeds and a bird feeder so we can set it up and watch all those beautiful birds come and feed. The pictures of the girls were taken just outside the nursery by the pond with the big goldfish.
I guess you can say that we are really enjoying living at Ed's place on the lake and we are looking forward to the birds coming, flowers blooming and herbs growing in the next couple of weeks.
7 comments:
ABORIGINAL WINE?!? How was it? Did you guys like it?
Joyce, it was very good wine. Why do you sound so surprised? We do live in BC, remember? It was truly a beautiful winery and the aboriginal artwork in the building reminded me of your reception :)
I love the pictures of the gals by the pond, so cute! Did they see the goldfish?
Good luck with the herbs!
It was great fun Audrey & James! But, why didn't you post a photo of you two lovebirds at the winery? That's awesome that you planted herbs - you'll soon have your own HGTV show with all the planting you're doing. Did you get the Thai Basil at Art Knapp? I'll have to get some. Thanks again :)
Shannon, don't you know that I don't like pics of myself? And yes, I got the thai basil at Art Knapps. I'm curious as to how this thai basil will taste. Hope you feel better today.
Don't like pictures of yourself? Huh? You're stunning! I guess I need a blog so I can post pic's of you. ;) Yes, I got some Thai Basil last night - strangely looks like regular basil. Oh well - lots of marinara sauce this summer :)
I wish I had a green thumb to grow herbs. Dana loves chives! Love those pics, Audrey. It was so nice seeing you yesterday!
Post a Comment