Come backkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!
Would it have been weird if I ran after Kaili's car down the driveway, down the street today, yelling come bacckkkkkkk? I miss her already and it's been only a couple of minutes since she left. She'll be back tomorrow but I won't get to see her. The girls are going to sleep over at Kaili's tomorrow night so she will be gone by the time I get home from work. So I knew that this would be the last afternoon that I would see her at my house for a while. And I didn't want her to leave.
I mean it's silly to feel this sad because logically I know that I will see Kaili many many more times. But it just feels like this chapter of my life is coming to an end. Like the way you feel when you finish a school year...and you know that you won't have the same classmates or teacher again. Even though you will see most of them again in your class in the fall, there is something sad about leaving them in the spring.
I've been telling everyone around me how much I'm going to miss Kaili. I'm going to miss my Okanagan sister. Ever since the first day I've always felt like I connected with Kaili. Even though we are very different in many ways, our personalities are very similar. We are both very quiet but love to joke around together. We used to take hour long walks everyday with the girls in the baby stroller. Walking along the lake or on the KVR pathway, just talking and talking...about everything and about nothing. Just bonding. But I think the thing that we bonded over the most was the love for Alex and Rachel. I mean how can you not love someone who thinks and feels so much about your kids? I'm going to miss the comfort of knowing that I will see you week in and week out. And having you know every little thing about my two kids. Like the way, Rachel likes to touch her top lip, how big Alex's eyes get when she does the coo coo thing, how scared they are when Mighty Machines comes on the TV, their favorite foods, favorite clothes - Alex's pretty little dresses, Rachel's constant need to change her clothes, how they love to do their Dora puzzle, their new Princess toothbrushes, Mermaid bikes, etc..... But even though you will no longer be here to witness the daily changes in our lives, you will always be a part of our lives. We all love you very much and are going to miss you like crazy when you are in Langley. Sheesh, this pregnancy seems likes it's been very slow but funny this day seems to have come up too soon.
5 comments:
Geez it would seem YOU have pregnancy hormones making you all mushy-gushy!!! And by the way...it would have been more effective if you had the GIRLS running after Kaili's car yelling "Come Back!!!"...that would have pulled at Crazy Kaili's heartstrings more than YOU running...which would have just been funny! I'm sure you will spend MANY days at Kaili's in the coming months when you don't have to go to work, and you can take the girls to visit Kaili and bebe!
An idea.....Audrey you could always drive down to the coast with the girls to our place, visit or stay overnight while Kaili's here.
That way you all get to see Kaili and get to visit the places you like on the coast! Food for thought.
Yikes here go the tears again!! Audrey I don't know if you guys have any idea how much Kaili is going to miss the girls she LOVES THEM SO MUCH!!! They have been such a huge part of her life for so long, ALL of ours really. She has kept us posted daily as they have grown up. Please stay in our lives as we are Family now! I can't write any more now, as I don't want puffy eyes all afternoon.
Hugs Carleen*
That was a beautiful blog Audrey, the tears are just pouring down my face right now. Thank-you for being apart of our lives and touching us with all that you do. It is very sad to think that Kaili will not be at your guys house all the time looking after the girls, I know she misses it already, but we will see eachother often. I know that Kaili has already mentioned about how she is scared that people might not know every detail of how to take care of the girls, like how Alex just needs some snuggles sometimes, and how Rachel likes to do most things for herself...etc. But everything will work out, and Kaili will have a new little bundle of joy to look after.
Thanks again for being another sister to my sister Kaili!!!
-Love Shalane*
Hi Audrey!!!!!!
I know that you miss Kaili alot but at least you will still get to see her and with her baby!!!!
love and miss you
Romy
Post a Comment