Saturday, May 06, 2006


Planting our Planter

We made our planter yesterday afternoon. Which is typical of me. When I get interested in something I want to do more more more now now now. So the family went to Zellers to pick up the pot, more soil, and I had already picked up the flowers earlier. So we got back and while James was BBQing yummy steaks in the backyard, the girls and I got our hands dirty.


Here Joyce, here's my planter that I had made earlier in the day with my girlfriends. Sorry guys, but I don't know the names of the flowers. When the lady was explaining all the flowers it sounded all logical and stuff but when James asked me what was planted all I could come up with was the flowers will be yellow and deep purple and there will be this viny thing flowing over the edge.



And this is the planter that the girls and I made. It was actually a kit for dummies. The flowers came in a six pack all ready to go. The colors all go together and the mix is suppose to be beautiful. So how can you go wrong with that, eh?

So here it is. I can't wait to email you more pictures in the next coming weeks.

On a totally different topic, it's 7am in the morning and Tobi is just staring at me. The days that I don't rush off to work, I usually take him for a walk in the morning and let him run around Skaha park. Tobi and I both love these walks. I love it because there is no one at the park and I can just enjoy the trees, lake and mountains privately. Which is exactly the same reason that James doesn't want us to go this morning. Because there is this escaped convict that has been seen and almost apprehended at SKAHA PARK on Thursday!!! Can you believe it? The police approached him because they were suspicious and saw this stolen car, but he was still able to escape on foot. When they finger printed the car the fingerprints matched this convicted murdered that has been on the loose from the US. So he' s on the loose and he's around Penticton. Scary. Sorry Tobi but it doesn't look like I'm taking you there this morning.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

OH MY GOD!!! That's insane! BIG news for Penticton, where everyone is so nice and friendly! Anyway, the planters look really nice. I have to do something with my backyard too. The grass looks horrible because of all of Bosco's pee stains/burns.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of action for Penticton; and unless Tobi is a dangerous fighter I agree with James that you should stay around your pretty backyard (remember, size does not matter...)
Rachel seems in awe having dirt on her hands - wait till she plays with Edouard in Montreal!
- Susan
xoxoxoxo