They really got me today!!!!!
Today is Sunday. I thought that I was going to meet up with my friends, Shannon and Cindy at 10am to go shopping at Winners. So I didn't really get all dolled up. I didn't shave, I didn't put on any make up and I took about 10 seconds to get dressed this morning. Shannon showed up at my house all dressed up! I still didn't clue in. I just complimented her on her cool outfit and we headed out the door. We went to Cindy's to pick her up and she invited us in because she wasn't quite ready yet. Yeah right!!! She lured unsuspecting me to her kitchen which was full of delicious appetizers, lot's of wine/booze and my female co-workers from the office! It still took a few more seconds before I realized that we were NOT going shopping at all but they were having a surprise going away party for me! It was the first time in my life that I was totally and utterly had. I had NO clue that any of this was being planned.
Not only was there really good food and yummy drinks, they had organized that Cindy's niece, a registered massage therapist student, come to the party to give everyone a 30 minute massage! Does that not sound like the most perfect party?!!!! So I was already totally flustered when I got there, Cindy poured me a champagne/orange juice which I took big gulps of, which made me feel totally tipsy and then I was led into the other room, to be spoiled rotten with an amazing massage. Why am I so lucky to have friends like this? The whole afternoon was AWESOME. We laughed a lot and got to catch up. I got really fun(ny) gifts that I could only get from friends like these. Let's just say, it's a take on a french maid's costume (with a feather duster and all) to get me ready for my new role as mommy and homemaker!
And I have to mention that Shannon makes the BEST BEST BEST lasagne every. She made us this huge lasagna (ok ok because I hinted at her that I would love her to make me one - not that I thought that she would) and we ate it for dinner tonight. And it was super duper delicious. Silvano came over for dinner tonight too and he is Italian and said that he loved it and asked me if Shannon was Italian too, which has to be a good sign. Thank you Shannon, we all loved it.
Thanks Jeff (Shannon's hubby) for being part of this surprise and coming to our home to "talk taxes" with James. I know how busy you are this time of year.
So I was totally spoiled this weekend and realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many genuine, caring friends. Thank you everyone for a special day. I had a great time.
3 comments:
That sounds so fun!!! Take a picture of you wearing the french maid's outfit and post it on your next blog!!! And the moral of the story...(a la advice from gramma), ALWAYS wear make-up and do your hair nicely!!! ha ha ha...i would have gone home and returned 30 minutes later...
That is so cool! Of course you deserver to have such awesome friends! Cindy is ALWAYS involved in MASTER surprises! Nice!
I am SO glad you were surprised Audrey! It was a fun afternoon. I got James' voicemail last night and was glad to hear you guys loved the lasagna. I called and left a message to get your home email so I could email you the photos. I knew you'd want to post them on the blog. So, let me know what it is, ok? Take care!
Post a Comment