




Our Weekend
I had such a relaxing Saturday afternoon. I met my friend, Lina...and we went to get our pedicures done at Spa. It was such a treat. The chairs where we sat for an hour was a heated massage chair! And on top of that, our feet were soaked in a warm tub of water that also had jets. It was very lovely. So after we left there with our feet looking so great, we went shopping. We shopped for cool jewellery, made a quick stop at Lululemon and then bought some Starbucks before we called it a day. It was GREAT to see Lina and actually have time to talk to her. Even though the time seemed to pass too quickly once again. Then I drove like crazy back home (with the windows down, the breeze in my hair and listening to fun music like Prince ....I know my taste in music hasn't really progressed since the 80's) to get to my kids. I felt like I was 20 something again. At one moment during the car ride I was thinking to myself....why don't James and I go dancing at clubs anymore.....since I was in a groovin kind of mood. (Then I remembered it's because we're old and we have kids and we get tired by 11pm). Anyhow, the kids had a great day with James and I got to have some quality time with Lina.
On Sunday I realized we had the messiest house in the whole entire world. Since I was out of the house all weekend long the house looked absolutely horrible. Clothes lying everywhere, toys in every spot on the floor, and I won't even mention the kitchen. So I hurried home to make dinner for all of us (but realized that we hadn't gone grocery shopping yet this weekend so we had no food) but made dinner none the less and then we got a knock at the door. James hurriedly put on some clothes and went to answer the door and who had come and visited us..... but our dear friends Shannon and Jeff! After we apologized profusely for our dirty, messy house we invited them in and we had such a fun evening. I ditched the boring, tasteless dinner that I had made and ordered some Yaki's pizza...YUMMY. So we sat outside by the beautiful lake on such a sunny evening and ate pizza and drank 7Up. Does it get any better than that?
Just a side note (hopefully Shannon reads this blog) the house is clean once again. We were so motivated by our embarrasment that we cleaned up the place last night.
And today, we have tons of chores and laundry to do. The girls have gotten over the worse of their colds but their noses are STILL running and they are still coughing. What's up with that, eh? And they are playing so well together this morning. For the last hour they have been sitting in the laundry baskets..first rowing a boat, then pretending it was their beds, etc..... James is going to bring Alex to Dr's office today for a checkup with her hair - and also to get a referral to a pediatric dermatologist. Alex keeps promising Rachel that she will bring back tons of Dora stickers back from her appt with Dr. So they are both pretty pleased that Alex is going to see the Dr today. I hope he still has some stickers in his office or there will be some disappointed kids at our place.
Anyhow, hope everyone enjoys their beginning of the week.
5 comments:
Sounds so fun!!!
I called you back yesterday but no one answered!!! What's up with that?
I'll hopefully call you later, but my day is seeming really busy already!! I need a NAP!
LOL! You were expecting me to read your blog and I did! For the 16th time, YOUR PLACE WAS FINE! You should not be embarrassed and you have nothing to apologize for. We're the ones who basically barged in to say a quick hello and you fed and watered us and even showed us your beautiful new home. Thank you for ending a beautiful day in the Okanagan. We had a blast seeing you guys and enjoyed your wonderful hospitality! :) But...where's the cute photo I took of the girls watching tv? They're too adorable.
Haha the reason I didn't post that picture you took of the girls watching TV is because you can SEE all the mess around them. So not only would you have witnessed it, my family and friends will have seen the mess too. By the way, the house looks messy again! I swear, the smaller your house is the quicker it looks like a disaster zone...that is if you don't pick up after every activity and meal.
Fair enough, but you'll have to email me those photos cause they are so cute! I think you're right about a smaller house though - our place looks so cluttered most of the time. I need Hellen from Neat on HGTV to come in and sort.
why is alex making that face?!? ha ha ha, she looks so dramatic...like her drama queen auntie Joyce!!!
Post a Comment