

Our Weekend
We've been busy this weekend. We started Alex and Rachel's swimming lessons which was really fun. It's only for 1/2 an hour but we were all so pooped from it. They did so well putting their lips & chin in the water and blowing bubbles. And both of them wiped out in the kiddie pool at least once so they got totally dunked in and surprisingly didn't freak out.
And we've been to our new house at least 3 times this weekend. Not that much would change from day to day but we are sooooooo anxious to move in. So we go at dusk, in the morning, in the afternoon... to check it out. All the insulation is almost done. Which I guess would mean that the electrical and plumbing is also finished and the walls will be drywalled soon. And it was exciting to see that the bathtubs were placed into the girls' bathroom and the bathroom in the basement. The house is still very far from being completed but when we go visit on the weekends we love to see the slow progress it's making.
And today I feel so lucky to have spent the day with my girls, my friend Lina and her two kids, Kathleen and Steven. Our husbands went to play golf while we mamas spent some time together. We still didn't get to really have a complete uninterrupted conversation but it was still very wonderful. Besides, it's our turns next visit to go out and enjoy ourselves so we are hoping to do a spa treatment somewhere... followed of course by a stop to Lululemon.
It was really cute to hear my girls' call out for Kathleen. Because they say her name with three syllables. Kat a Leen, Kat a Leen, please chase me.....then Kat a Leen, Kat a Leen, I'm going to get you. Rachel and Kathleen took turns chasing each other on their tricycles. Alex on the other hand loved catching a ride on the back of Rachel's tricycle until she fell off and it wasn't fun anymore. And then all three of them saw a worm on the ground (it was raining this morning so the worms had been out). Rachel promptly got off her bike and ran over to me. As for Alex, she turned to me and said, Kaili likes worms. So we had a great time this afternoon.
As for tonight I'm hoping that the girls will go to sleep at a relatively early hour so James and I can watch a movie that we rented a couple of nights ago. I don't remember the title of it....Good night... and something or other but I do know that George Clooney is in it so it has to be good, no?
Well I miss all of you. I'm so jealous that I couldn't be in Montreal this weekend to spend some quality time with my family. Joyce, I'm glad you had a great time. And I miss Kaili, my other sister. I hope you had fun at your little get together last night (even though I wasn't invited)! Talk to you all soon.
3 comments:
I love that Alex said that I loved worms, so cute! I'm glad you gals had fun hanging out together today. So fun! How is snuggly Steven? Did you snuggle him the whole time? How were the girls with him/towards him?
The pictures are so cute!
Have fun in Kelowna tomorrow, I'll call you in the morning. :)
Your weekend sounded fun too! If it makes you feel any better we were talking about you a lot...saying we wished you were with us! We'll have to do it again when you come in May!
Audrey,
I found the link where you can get Dora tickets, http://selectyourtickets.com/kelowna.html
Check it out! I would love to be there if you guys choose to go and see their faces, they would LOVE it!
Post a Comment