
Spring is definitely in the air. Not only are there beautiful blossoms on the trees, the smell of grass and soil in the air but my allergies are driving me crazy! I'm feeling like I'm sick all the time. My eyes are so itchy....the girls always remind me to not itch them....or else might need eye drops! My throat is scratchy and I'm sneezing all the time. I finally cracked today and asked James to buy me some medicine while he is out grocery shopping. This happens every year and lasts for a couple of weeks and then I'm fine again. Complain, complain, complain....
It was a really low key kind of weekend at our house. Lot's of playing and pretend games. As I write this, the girls were playing soccer. Their version of soccer at this point is dropping the ball with their 2 hands and then kicking it in the air and yelling... I scored! Then they take turns doing this. And if someone takes two or three turns in a row, I hear the other one saying, ....not sharing.....not sharing soccer ball. But after they played this game for a while,they now have taken the soccer ball

and placed it on a plastic cup and are pretending that they are eating an ice cream cone. Such a natural progression from actually kicking the ball to pretend that they are eating it!
What else did we do this weekend? We brought out the sand box from storage and filled it with sand. I didn't know that there even was such a thing as play sand that you buy at the hardware store. You have to order it from the customer service desk and then pick it up with your car in the back of the store. So when they guy asked us how much sand we wanted...we were kind of stumped. He told us it came in 50 pound bags. So we naturally thought 1 bag would do. Then we drove out to the back to be surprised that a 50 pound bag is tiny. I guess sand is really heavy. So we had to go back for 2 more bags. Anyhow the girls LOVED the sandbox. They stayed for 1 1/2 hours straight in the sandbox while James surfed the net sitting right beside them. It was one peaceful moment to be making dinner in the kitchen watching the girls and James play outside. And then everyone ate so much dinner from having
been outside in the fresh air for so long. Which is always satisfying for a mama to have everyone actually eat the dinner that you made. The girls are eating so much these days. They are really growing up. So these pictures are of the girls giving each other foot massages. I love how they tell you before they close their eyes.... I'm relaxing now.... And Rachel is so funny because she seems to always wait until Alex falls asleep and then I hear pitter patter of feet coming out of the room. So I will go see what is going on. She always says....bed is so uncomfortable...my back aches....can you give me a foot massage? Which is such an imitation of what James and I have been saying since we have been sleeping in this rental. Haha.
Anyhow, we are just cleaning up the house, picking up groceries and getting ready for the week ahead. We also have a play date with another set of twins today. Their names are Alex and Chad, and their older brother Liam. They were born about 4 months after the girls. Time sure does fly by since the last time we saw them was when my girls were about 6 months old! Should be interesting to watch them play with boys for a change. Have a good day everybody!
4 comments:
Oh my god, they are so adorable. They really look like they are into it! The way Alex is lying down with her eyes closed and arms around her head...too funny!
i just relooked at the pictures...is that lotion on the bed for the foot massages??? so authentic!
Love that they are giving eachother foot massages, Robin will be proud when I show him the pictures. :) I'm so excited that you went and got the backyard toys, yeah!!!
See you tomorrow.
Alex and Rachel;
could I have a appointment with you ? for my feet please, looks sooooo comfortable.
miss you guys with love
halmoney.
Post a Comment