Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Weekend

Our weekend was busy. It seems like this Sunday afternoon is the 1st chance that the family is just sitting back and relaxing. We had the most awesome afternoon yesterday. I had gotten an email invitation to come to this park at around 11:30. And the email went on to say that it will be a potluck lunch and to bring 10 plastic Easter Eggs for each child that you were bringing. James and I didn't know what to expect at this gathering. We figured maybe 5 families or so would show up. But there were hundreds of us there. There must have been about 60 kids there!!!!!!!!! And with their parents, and grandparents, it was VERY busy. So once there, I placed our eggs into this huge garbage bag with all the other eggs that were brought. And while the kids were eating their picnic lunch, a couple of dads took the eggs and hid them around the whole park. So once lunch was over we all gathered in the middle of the park and waited for the signal that the official Easter Egg hunt had begun. The girls were sooooooooooo excited and happy to find the eggs in the grass, in the bushes and in the trees. We sat on the grassy hill and they opened up some of their plastic eggs to find treats such as chocolates, candy and jelly beans. They were just thrilled.

Then after this fun filled afternoon we headed over to Kaili and Robin's place. One of the girls most favorite places to visit. And once there they were spoiled with more goodies. Colorful gum/rain boots, chalk and glow sticks. They have wanted these rain boots for ages. They were having the best day EVER! Thanks guys for the wonderful gifts.

So after we left, we headed home to get changed and head over to Silvano and Angela's place for dinner. Their friends were over visiting for the weekend. There were 3 other kids to play with. The oldest, Asylin, who is 10 years old was such a good sitter. She read to all the kids, made them laugh and pretty much entertained them so James and I could enjoy some good food and wine. (At one point during the evening, James leaned over and whispered...too bad, Romy didn't live closer to us. James and I would always be asking Romy to come over and look after the girls.)

So needless to say that the girls were tired from a very busy day. We woke up this morning and headed out once again to visit our friends, Art and Monica. It's Monica's birthday today so we had a quick visit over coffee at their place. And I must say that I've never seen the girls act so badly ever. It was really embarassing. I think it was a combination of all the sugar they have eaten this weekend and the lack of sleep they got last night from going to bed so late. But they were acting a little coo coo at Monica's place so we quickly finished our coffees and headed home. Just to give you a glimpse into their mood, Rachel took an orange crayon and started making long lines in Monica's white pristine carpet! They don't have any kids so the place is spotless. They honestly have never colored on the floor in our house. Can you believe it? Anyhow, I'm looking forward to some quiet time with the family at home today.

And we have a HUGE ant problem now. What started out in our bathroom has now appeared in our kitchen. We noticed them a couple of days ago and have been trying to keep the kitchen really clean. But I left out some food for Tobi in his bowl and this morning I saw hundreds of tiny ants in his bowl. So nasty. I was totally freaked out and James had to clean it up. So I don't feel like cooking anything in our kitchen. I heard that vinegar helps keep them away. As well we put out some ant traps. Do you guys have any other suggestions on how to deal with this problem?

It's been a different type of Easter for me this weekend. Funny how traditions that you grew up with stay with you. We used to always go to church as a family when I was growing up and I really missed that this morning. I can't explain it but it feels like something was missing from my Easter morning. And I really miss my family back east. It's especially hard on holidays when I wish that we were all gathering for a large meal together. But then I keep reminding myself that when we do get together it will be even more special. I hope you guys all enjoyed your long Easter weekend. Blogger won't let me upload pictures right now but I will be sure to upload them as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Your weekend sounded so busy and fun! Mine was the complete opposite. I have never slept so much in one weekend in my entire life!!! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the girls hunting for easter eggs...post them as soon as you can.
love and miss you,
Joyce

Kaili said...

I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!! DUMB BLOGGER!!
I called you today after you had called and you guys weren't there. Sounds like a very busy week end. I can't believe that Rache coloured on Monica and Art's carpet? What a coo coo bird!!
Glad you guys had a good week end. I bet you could look up on google about things for ant problems. What I saw, is...get rid of Tobi! :) If there on his food it must mean he is causing the problem. Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Audrey don`t listen to Kaili PLEASE!!!!!!

Don`t get rid of Tobi cause I love him!!!!!

Tell Kaili to forget about you giving Tobi away!!!!!!!!!

Love Romy
(P.S tell Kaili a big NO!!!)