Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mrs. Wishy Washy

Number 1 thing that you may not know about me.... I'm VERY wishy washy. And number 2 thing that you may not know about me....I feel guilty quite often. So these two things work to make me look and feel pretty unstable at times. I had lunch with my boss today to tell him officially that I am quitting. And I had tremendous feelings of guilt. I guess because he's been so good to me over the years. He bent the rules and let me work only 4 days of the week so I could spend more time with my family, yada yada yada. So while I was telling him that I was going to leave him soon I felt so bad that I wanted to take it back and make this uncomfortable situation better. Imagine how crazy he would think I am if a second after I quit, I told him, oh wait a second, I don't quit! Then a second later, I would say, actually no no no I DO quit...wait...no I don't quit. Haha! He would turn around and say, YOU ARE FIRED you crazy person. The feelings of guilt would kind of go away and then I would have feelings of relief, freedom and happiness at the thought of staying home with Alex and Rachel from this day forth. Yeah! So it's official. It's official that I'm crazy.

But soon when the girls ask me in the morning....mama, you go to work? I can say No! I'm staying home with you! With no guilt and no wishy washy feelings. Yahoo!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

yes you're kinda crazy...but it just makes you more fun and entertaining! how did jim take it? when's your last day?

Kaili said...

You ARE so wishy washy!!! Stand up for what YOU are wanting in this life, you only get one boot at it, so it mine as well be the way you want it. Although I wish I was coming back to watch the girls, it is ultimately yours and James choice. Maybe after a year you'll be WANTING to work again, who knows....Or maybe by then Robin will have an AMAZING job and I won't need to work, we'll have to see. :)