It's been a while since I last posted so I thought I would upload a few photos of my girls. As you can see they still like to dress up like princesses....and eat really sweet cereal in the morning.
Oh, and I get spoiled every day with beautiful artwork from my girls. The first two paintings were done by Rachel and the last one was done by Alex. I LOVE them. They just gave me these paintings today when they got home from school.
It seems like time has flown by so incredibly quickly since we got back from Oregon. So what else is new with us?...hmmmm let me think.The girls started Music classes recently. We've only been to 2 lessons so far but so far so good. The teacher is teaching them rhythm with some cool handheld instruments, the name of the notes (they have only learned Dino-"D" so far) , we sing songs and they are learning to place their hands on the piano. They are suppose to learn a song by Christmas time that they play on the piano. Then do a concert for a Retirement Home during the holidays. Now that will be fun times!
The girls have settled into their preschool. They know about 1/2 the kids there from last year and the rest are new friends. One of the girls in their class is Asian and it was interesting hearing Alex tell me,....Julia looks a lot like Rachel, doesn't she? So when I asked her why she thought so...she replied...they have the same hair. It's very interesting to me how kids perceive other races. There are kids aged 3 to 5 in the same classroom and my kids are not the youngest ones anymore. It's amazing how big my kids look next to the 3 year olds. It was only a year ago that I was dropping off the kids worried that they wouldn't know where to get their snacks or where to go to the washroom, etc.... And here they are now, veterans of preschool.
Sorry that this post is all over the place, I have to go and put my kids down for their nap. Yes, they are 4 and still napping once a day. I like my kids a lot better in the afternoon when they do have a nap. Everything seems to run a lot smoother - no meltdowns or anything - which is great. And I get to snuggle them at night and read them books and not have to hurry through the bedtime routine because I have 2 sleepy zombies beside me.
6 comments:
Their artwork is fabulous, maybe you can start a kids`art gallery in Penticton... then collect the sales for a kids`charity!
Alex & Rachel are too funny with their `wigs`!!
what??? yellow hair?!? does that mean the battle for the red hair is over???
love the paintings too. definitely frame those and put them up!
Your girls are extremely talented artists. I am keeping my Alex and Rachel originals as they will be worth a lot some day.
Cute post!
Finally you took time from your relaxed coffee/tea drinking and magazine reading to do a post. Geeeesh! Rahcel told me you only work 3 days a week, so you DO have time to post!!! Haha! Call me so we can figure out tomorrow....
Wow, your girls are 4?? And they go to pre-school? Seriously? Hmm..I'm not ready for that!! boohoo
Hey, your girls are really cute. I wonder if they look in the mirror and think they're "different" cuz of the way they look?? Keira will see any white guy and say "papa!" and any asian woman as "mama!!". lol.
Very interesting.
Are Rach n Alex gonna dress up as princesses for Halloween too? Or this just normal garb for them. wink wink!
WOW, they girls are so talented! Ava's drawings look nothing close to theirs! Definitely something to hang on and treasure.
Sonia
Post a Comment