So the first day has come and gone and we are having a lot of fun. I like the RV. I won't say I love it because I don't love the fact that I have to shower in a tiny stall with low water pressure and use a tiny toilet with the door almost hitting my knees (and I'm short). What I do love though is sleeping in the RV under warm blankets with my family close by feeling the cold night air on the tip of my nose. First day was lots of traveling but quite an experience getting to know our RV.
Monday, September 03, 2007
1st day of our Adventure
We saw a lot of this. Highway. It took us 12 hours to get to our first destination...Mt St Helen's in Washington state. It was a long day but the girls did great. We had no problems at the US border crossing since Tobi growled at the border guard to let him know who was boss. We stocked up with groceries at a Safeway and had a delicious lunch & dinner cooked up in the RV. There is so much more selection in the states. Everything looks so delicious, large and sweet. And our experience so far has been that everyone is very friendly. We were passing the bakery section of the Safeway when I glanced over at the Ding Dongs and said to James...I wonder what those taste like. In an instant a worker came over to give us one to taste. Now a free Ding Dong tasting is always welcome with me.


The girls kept saying that the RV looked just like our home. A table just like at home. A sofa to sit on just like at home. A kitchen just like at home, etc....
Papa doing all the driving.
So the first day has come and gone and we are having a lot of fun. I like the RV. I won't say I love it because I don't love the fact that I have to shower in a tiny stall with low water pressure and use a tiny toilet with the door almost hitting my knees (and I'm short). What I do love though is sleeping in the RV under warm blankets with my family close by feeling the cold night air on the tip of my nose. First day was lots of traveling but quite an experience getting to know our RV.
So the first day has come and gone and we are having a lot of fun. I like the RV. I won't say I love it because I don't love the fact that I have to shower in a tiny stall with low water pressure and use a tiny toilet with the door almost hitting my knees (and I'm short). What I do love though is sleeping in the RV under warm blankets with my family close by feeling the cold night air on the tip of my nose. First day was lots of traveling but quite an experience getting to know our RV.