Day 4....
We are eating too much. We had made every single meal so far in the RV (really good meals I might add). But we thought we should head out and try one of the local restaurants today. We headed to the Chowder Bowl for lunch in Newport. It was highly recommended so we were quite excited (well not the kids...they just wanted to stay on the beach). The portions were HUGE. I ordered the Albacore Tuna special which came with a side bowl of clam chowder and garlic toast. I was totally full on the chowder and bread... but picked away at the tuna and fries. My pepsi (they didn't have coke) was gigantic. I mentioned to James that I didn't know anyone who would be able to finish that glass. He reminded me that we know of one individual (a certain someone who lives in Calgary :) )
Anyhow we rolled out of there and went for a stroll with the girls to look in the cute shops in a tiny town called Depoe Bay. We just bought some beautiful fancy looking shells for the girls and some salt water taffy. In James' description the whole shopping experience there was like a huge Dollar Store specializing in Pirate stuff.
The RV seems to be getting smaller as the days go by. It's still cozy but kind of cramped. It's weird to do everything that's needed in life (eating, sleeping, bathing not to mention driving) in this 20 foot space. Lets put it this way, we need to do lots of activites outside of the RV not to go crazy. It's so small that it always seems messy. Make one meal and we have used up every plate and fork we have. Come back from the beach and undress and the whole floor is filled with sand and dirty clothes. You get the picture. So today I did a clean up/tidy up of the place. I even cleaned our dirty clothes at the laundry facilities this afternoon. Funny how this one act made me feel very mature. It reminded me of my own mother. She always would do that for our family on holiday and now I am doing the same for my family.
Anyhow everyone is already asleep. Even James. I can't believe it but getting up early with the kids and walking on the beach and exploring really poops us out. Good night guys.