Monday, October 06, 2008

Smoother Now

Sophia is doing so much better now.  She is happier for longer periods of time, screaming far less and finally gain weight.  Phew.  What a total relief.  Her weight gain has been an ongoing issue for us.  She took a little under 3 months to go from 10 pounds to 11 pounds.  Can you believe how tough it was for her to even gain 1 pound!  Anyhow, she seems to be hungry all the time so we are hoping that the next few pounds will be added on quickly and easily.

My parents have been demanding to see pics of their grandchildren so here they are.

Alex and Rachel a couple of weeks ago.
A dragon that the girls created out of toilet paper.
Sophia in one of her happier moments.

The girls all hanging out together tonight before bed watching TV

Do any of you meal plan?  Like plan a weekly menu and shop for just those ingredients at the supermarket?  Well I thought it was high time that I started so I spent Saturday evening on the computer carefully trying to choose meals and write down what items I needed to buy.  Well, it's hard to figure out that many meals in one go.  So my list is still not complete which means that I haven't gone grocery shopping yet which means that for lunch today we ate McDonalds!  Now seriously how wrong is that?  Trying to be totally healthy, organized, save money and then resorting to fast food.  Does the meal planning really work for anyone out there.  And if yes, can you save me a step and email me your menu?

It is so wrong that I am very excited that Sleeping Beauty will be out on DVD starting tomorrow?  It's been in the Disney vault and now it has been restored to better quality and I can purchase a copy for my girls.  And I wonder how I got to be at this point in my life that this excites me and no wonder I can't really relate to my non-mommy friends as much anymore.  

Another thing that has changed my world is this new bottle that is shaped and feels like a real boob.  The thing is that Sophia wants to nurse all the time.  When I say all the time I mean like 4 hours in a row...all the time.  So I was going a little crazy.  So my friend, Kaili, told me about this bottle that Sophia might like.  (She hated all the other nipples and bottles that we have tried beforehand).  And low and behold she took to this bottle. Yipee!  I saw the possibility of life off the couch and I was excited.  I could actually spend some quality time with Alex and Rachel finally.    This makes me happy.

I would post more but I am so tired.  I know it's so typical for a new mom to complain about lack of sleep.  But it is rough.  When will Sophia start actually using her crib and sleep without using me as a soother?  Not that I want to complain...I'm so happy that she is in my arms and healthy and at home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great pics.
thank you audrey.

i love those all.
sophie is so great,Thank you.

Grandfa.

Joyce said...

crib? what's that? oh you mean the thing i decorated all nice and then used only 5 times?

i'm glad Sophia isn't as cranky anymore. it sounded so hard for you guys.

and i love the pictures. making that dragon without breaking the toilet paper must have been hard!!!

Unknown said...

I love the dragon out of toilet paper! Talk about free and cheap good stuff. : ) Your girls are ingenious! Oooheuuu ooh! That little baby is so cute!

Girl, I was so glad to read that you get excited over a Disney dvd being re-released. I thought it was just me. :S I'm thinking of getting it too but dragon part might be too "scarwy!".

Hope your little girl takes to the fake boob-bottle. hahaha! That is so funny. Cuz life on the couch ain't what it used to be. ; )

Susan said...

Hey Audrey, thanks for the pics of your princesses! You definately need to get some funky shoes; the black heels that A & R are wearing definately don't go with their fun outfits!!
p.s. show us a pic of this boob-bottle!!

Shannon said...

Love the dragon. Your girls are so talented. Sophia looks amazing! So happy and getting chunky. Yay for the boob bottle! Glad to hear there's an alternative to help you out. I thought of you immediately when I saw the commercial for Sleeping Beauty!

I don't plan weekly menus, so can't help you. We love veggies and I find that's the hardest because we have to head to the grocery store every other day for those. Good luck! My old stand-by's are spaghetti or chicken fingers (Shake 'N Bake), potatos and corn.

Kaili said...

Yay for THE BOOB!