I wanted to post some pictures of last week now that we are back home. I had brought our laptop with us to Vancouver with the intention of uploading pics and writing updates. But then when we checked out of our hotel on surgery day morning and checked in to the Easter Seal House (this place was really inexpensive and a 5 minute walk to the hospital) we realized that they had no internet connection. And then our laptop started acting up like it had virus. Oh well. I didn't post any hard to see pics because they are still so fresh in my mind and I don't want to relive that right now.
This picture of Sophia and me was taken a few days after surgery once the ventilator came out. It was so good to hold her.
A picture of Papa and Sophia the morning we were being discharged. Still waiting for the last of the hookups on her chest to be taken off. Her wound looking like it has already healed a great deal.
We asked a nurse to take a picture of us just after we got the news that we were being discharged that afternoon. So so relieved and happy.
5 comments:
I thought the same thing about the hospital gown...it being cute and sad at the same time...especially the way it ties up in the back like a grown-up one.
Anyway, I like the last picture...Sophia on your boob like she ALWAYS is whenever I talk to you.
Isn't she a beaut? Despite it all, that's a beautiful trio pic in the end. You're right, I wouldn't want to see that gown on Keira or any other baby/child at any time..
Wheee! You're home...
Sophia looks like she is healing so nicely. I am so glad you three are back home with the girls and you are on the road to recovery. The last photo of you three is momentous - over a tough hurdle and looking forward to a bright and healthy future.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts & pics with us; I know that this was a huge thing to go through but Spunky is suck a strong girl (she must take after her Big Auntie...)!
Keep up your strength so that your milk supply is super duper!
Kiss all 3 girls for me!
xoxoxoxoxo
how about next news?
Grandfa
Post a Comment