Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sniffle, Sniffle, Cough, Sneeze

So what's the deal?  How come no one is really blogging anymore?  Or so it seems.  Doesn't everybody know that this is my only social connection to the outside world?

The last few days have been a bit challenging.  All 3 girls and I have a cold so there is a lot of coughing, sneezing and cuddling going around here.  As well, Sophia is teething badly.  I see a tiny corner of her bottom centre tooth trying to poke through.  Oh how badly I want her teeth to come out and be done with that.  On top of this...all 3 girls and I got immunized this afternoon.  I was always missing the Measles, Mumps, Rubella shot.  Or so I have been told numerous times in my life by nurses that have taken my blood.  Alex and Rachel also missed their MMR booster shot when they were 18 months.  So while Sophia got her 4 months old shots, we decided to get the rest of us up to date.  It was absolutely no fun at all.  I had to go first and act all happy and brave when I HATE needles.  And it did really sting and no I'm not being wimpy about it.  Then Rachel went she had to have 2 needles and she was really brave with the 1st shot.  Then she got the stingy MMR shot and starting to weep.  Alex started weeping with her sister.  GREAT...Alex is crying even before she has had her shots.  Then it's Alex's turn, she weeps while getting both needles but then Rachel starts crying holding onto Alex.  They can't stand either one of them being hurt...they look out for each other...very sweet.  So they wept at each other's pain.  Then the girls went to the waiting area with Papa while I stayed with Sophia who had no clue what was about to happen to her.  The nurse actually let me nurse her while she was getting the needles.  Some nurses don't let me stating that they are worried that the baby will choke.  So anyhow, Sophia gets 3 needles and it goes better than I thought thanks to the breastfeeding.  At the end of the hour I ask the nurse if she finds her job stressful.  She responds that she loves it why do I ask?  I was sweating profusely and I was stressed out to the max.  Anyhow that is what has been going on with us in the last few hours.  Absolutely surprisingly Papa just got home right this instance from his massage appointment and guess what he brought home for me.....McDonalds!!!  This is so incredible because he hates McDonalds, and because it is almost 9PM at night and because we already had dinner with the kids at 5:30pm.  But I am super happy because I get to eat this trio while watching a burned copy of Dexter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fun story.
I miss them, I should be there Macdonald.

Joyce was here last weekend.
and new play ground buld beside livingroom. twins will enjoy to play.

Grandfa.

p.s. last colm. can not comment why.

Joyce said...

You were the one who told me to nurse during Hudson's vaccinations, and it was SOOOOO much better. He would flinch a bit, and continue nursing, instead of wailing crying. I was always scared that he would bite my boob off, though.

Anyway, I think it's so sweet that your girls cry for each other. But poor Sophia...do you think the twins will also cry for their baby sister?

Susan said...

Awww my beautiful brave sister, you must win an Oscar for "acting" in front of your girls while getting your shot!!
I hope that all 4 of you are back on your feet soon; I'm sure the McD's will help (I'm impressed that James bought that without being coaxed or threatened...)
xoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

wow, so much crying going on. lol. It's sweet that the girls cry for each other. Imagine when your girls are all older and you're watching a soppy movie..whoa, total cryfest! Your hubby is gonna have a grrrreat time. lol!

Well, you've got great girls Audrey cuz even crying and knowing what's to come, they sat and took it. I've seen kids having fits and knocking chairs around. ; )

McD...yum!

Shannon said...

Poor JAARS family! Those needles do sting, and how sweet that the twins cry for one another. I bet it broke your heart though! Hopefully you'll all start feeling better SOON! Like before next Friday please?

P.S. Someone loves you lots and lots to bring you Mickey D's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonia said...

Aw, that is SO sweet that the girls cry for each other.

Hope all of you feel better soon. Ugh..teething...hopefully Sophia isn't waking up in the middle of the night. Poor you!

Papa doesn't like Mc D's?!? He use to love it growing up! When we went to elementary and high school out west, our bus loop was right next to a Mc D's. He loved eating his trio after school. LOL

Hey, have the girls worn their flapper hats yet? Ava just started wearing hers a few weeks ago and she look so cute in it!

Sonia said...

Yeah, for the return of Dexter!! The last episode was SO good, eh? Should be very, very interesting now!

Anonymous said...

I want to see twins new custom(hoween)
display early/

I can not wait.

Grandfa