Happy Birthday Papa

It's papa's birthday today and everyone in the family is so excited. The kids have been talking about it all week (they even told their teacher that it was Papa's bday) and so they were sooooooo excited to decorate his cake, then sing Happy Bday and then finally share it with everyone. We celebrated a day earlier since Papa will be working today.
I made Papa a special birthday dinner since the way to his heart is through his stomach. It was this new recipe and I was excited to try it. So I headed to our local meat shop and bought 2 beautiful pieces of filet mignon. Got back in the car and did my other errands. And then realized when I got back in the car, that the meat was eaten by Tobi!!!!!! Those steaks were heavy and huge. How that small dog ate that is beyond belief. He had torn through all the plastic and chowed down. So basically, I had to return to the deli and order up 2 more steaks. James was joking that Tobi just celebrated his birthday. But in the end, the dinner ended up delicious and James ate well and had a smile on his face.
And it was also great to have Kaili and family join us for birthday cake. The girls were giddy with joy from Papa's birthday and having Kaili over. Giddy, giddy, giddy.
Papa, I hope you have a wonderful day today and thank you for always being so even tempered, having such a great sense of humour and for providing for and loving your family. XOXO
6 comments:
Bonne Fete, Cher James!!!
You look fabulous!! The filet mignon must have been exceptional...
You are truly a great person with a huge heart; thank you for loving my sister endlessly!
xoxoxoxo
Happy Birthday !!!
James....
What a gorgeous entry Audrey! That silly Tobi eating all the meat! Congratulations on making a wonderful dinner - tha cake looks awesome and I LOVE the family portrait :)
Have a happy Day Dr Evil!!!
Shannon & Jeff
happy birthday to the family RV driver!!! hope you ate lots of yummy cake with your girls.
p.s. was tobi sick from eating so much raw meat?
Happy Birthday Bung Buck!
Audrey, you are too good to my brother. Thank you for marrying and putting up with him for so long. He should give you presents on his birthday for all the pranks and grief he must put you through..or am I the only one he bothers daily?!?
The cake looks yummy girls!
Sonia
Cute post Audrey, Happy Birthday Papa!
We had fun crashing your party last night, with NO gift and NO invite. What else did we NOT bring, I don't know, ask Rachel! Haha!
Post a Comment