Monday, August 30, 2010

Family Bike Ride


After 2 hours of trying to get out the door we finally made it out to the bike trail. I admit I was pretty grumpy leaving the house. I mean 2 hours after we decided we shall go biking - I wasn't so patient anymore. Papa had to figure out how to get the bike rack on the car, we had to go and pick up a friend's bike so Sophia could ride with us on the attached child seat, the girls all had to have a peanut and honey sandwich because now they are hungry, they have to go potty once again, etc.. etc... BUT...it was so worth it. The girls did GREAT riding on the pathway. Papa and Rachel raced ahead and I hung back a little with Alex while she admired the butterflies, the cows in the field, the pretty red plane that flew overhead. She kept giggling everytime she went over a pothole. She freaked me out when she let go of one handle bar and the bike started to wiggle violently side to side. When I asked her why she let go of one of the handle bars she said that she had an itch on her leg that she was trying to reach. haha. Anyhow it was super fun and we are going to go out often now that we can all go together as a family. We rode for 1/2 an hour. Hopefully next time, we can decrease the time it takes us to leave the house and increase the actual riding time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! Love this! I know exactly how you feel! And I only have to freaking care for ONE kid. On top of it all, why am I the only one making sure we have everything we need?! Grr.. Everyone looks so relaxed in this pic. Well, Sophia does look a little p*ssed that she's in that chair and not actually riding her own bike. lol. Great for you to get out for these family outings!

Joyce said...

Oh those goofy glasses!

That picture is the epitomy of summer. I think you are creating amazing memories for your girls, sister.

Sonia said...

Looks like fun! Well maybe not the preparation for it...

Shannon said...

Are you riding along the "Poop Chute?"

The 2 hour prep time made me laugh as we did the same with Malcolm's bike trailer. Took forever to set up, and when we put him in it, he cried. Our bike ride lasted all of 10 min. ha ha

Audrey said...

Why yes it is the poop chute by the way. haha

Do you guys like the trailer? Which one did you get? We are considering buying the child seat that goes on the back of the bike but they are $300.