Thursday, August 12, 2010

July 2010

We took so many pictures on our trip to Vancouver/Tofino that it's overwhelming. Especially since I didn't blog along the way. So I will just post a few of my favorite ones.
We stopped by Sophie's (childhood friend of ours) parents house on the way to Vancouver. We managed to get a group shot (minus the hubbies that were taking the pics). June, her mom and her baby are in the pic too.

Cathedral Groves. A park with HUGE trees halfway from Nanaimo to Tofino. We stopped there very briefly since Sophia was sleeping in the car. This is the same spot we stopped and took pictures (remember Joyce?) about 9 years ago.
Sophie and her family came out to join us in Tofino. So happy that it worked out that we could see them again this summer. We celebrated Halmoni's 70th birthday in Tofino. So special since Halmoni and I love Tofino.

Papa and his girls at Cox Bay.



Me and my girls!

The 5 amigos on the beach standing on thousands of washed up shells. Sophia didn't make it into this picture because it was naptime.

We have a similar picture of Sophia at the same spot last year. I can't believe how much she has grown.
Tofino was great. I just love the sound and smell of the ocean. I don't think we will be headed there any time soon though. It just seemed so far to get there. The drive to the ferry, the ferry itself and then another 3 1/2 hour drive to the most western point of Vancouver Island. All with 3 young kids was a challenge. We did break up the trip and spent a few nights in Vancouver but still. Also it was so strange how much Cox Bay had changed in 12 short months. The tide didn't go out as far as it did last year. How in the world is that possible, eh? We were able to walk all the way around the rock formations last year but not this year at low tide? So strange. Also, all the hundreds of starfish were gone. We only saw a handful this year whereas last year there were hundreds clinging to the rocks. Does the tide change constantly all the time? We went at the same time of year last year. Anyhow, it was still beautiful. The sun even managed to come out for a couple of hours every afternoon. Usually it is quite foggy.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

LOVED the group shot. So cool that you got to see Sophie and June. And Sophie and Dennis' halmoni! She looks great.

I loved Tofino too. I can't believe it's been 9 years! Life before our kids seems like such a blur.