Monday, September 06, 2010

Last day before the girls head out to school. Summer holidays are officially over.

I wanted to spend a fun day with the girls. So we went out to an organic farm close by and picked lots of fruit and veggies. The blackberries were HUGE. Papa was calling them 'monsters' and was making it a game to find monster blackberries and monster strawberries.





The fruit inspired me to finally make galettes. I've had a recipe that I cut out from the newspaper YEARS ago and have never gotten around to making it. The girls love to bake so we washed our hands and rolled up our sleeves and attempted to make these yummy desserts.
We had so many ripe peaches so I used those and some blueberries for the filling.
We made the dough. I actually used 2 knives and cut the butter. I felt so cool. haha I see that in so many recipes and have never really attempted it myself. Turns out it is easy as pie.

Our yummy dessert. It was SO SO delicious. Rachel had this brilliant idea that we should top these with whipped cream.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks INCREDIBLE!! Yum, with whipped topping. The girls are soo cute and holy moly yes! Those are incredibly super sized berries! Can you post the recipe? Maybe this is something the Keira and I can try too. You guys have so much fun!
btw, I also mostly shop at Winners and Wal Mart. Most of the time, I don't buy anything at all for our home. Have only just gotten around to it. We are in the process of starting a new business.. will keep you posted!

Sonia said...

Mmmmm..those look good! Yes, I agree with Chantale, post the recipe please!

Shannon said...

Is Audrey going to have a Food Blog next? Great job!

Joyce said...

looks sooooo yummy!!! is it custardy in the middle? i want the recipe too!