Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Rough Morning

I'm in rough shape this morning. Totally self-inflicted and it sucks. James and I are totally addicted to this new show Dexter. We had never heard of it before until his sister sent us season 1 and season 2 on DVD a couple of weeks ago. We watch it every chance we get (when the girls are asleep) but we don't know when to stop (like at a decent hour) and so we went to bed again at around 1:30am. Which is fine if you don't have kids. But since we do, the night went something like this....Go to bed late, get woken up an hour later with one of the girls having an accident in bed....get her changed and get her cozy in the guest bedroom...wake up another time to go to the bathroom myself (the joys of pregnancy) and then get woken up early by 2 energetic kids who want their mama to get out of bed. So you would think being tired and all, that tonight I would want to go to bed early but no....I just can't wait to watch more Dexter. It's that good. Sopranos is my favorite series and I think this one comes pretty close. You guys have to check it out. It's so well written, I love the characters and it is funny yet disturbing at the same time.

So in addition to being tired (whine, whine, whine) my tongue is mad at me. I've been loving sour candy these days. Craving it. Thinking of it. Wanting it. Kaili bought me this big container full of these things called Tongue Teasers and they are so yummy. So so sour which is exactly what I want right now. But usually I can't eat that many of them because I don't like the candy part of it. Only the sour sugar coating. Last night while watching many many hours of Dexter I had this great idea to just suck on candy until the coating melts and then chucking the candy part. I don't even know how many of them I sucked back....even near the end of the night when my tongue was warning me that it wasn't a good idea to have any more...I still sucked away. Which brings me today...eating breakfast was not fun. Totally self-inflicted pain I tell you....but I still can't wait to watch more Dexter, have my tongue heal so I can taste some more sugary sour goodness. You think I would learn, eh?

7 comments:

Joyce said...

going to bed at 1:30am and eating sour sour candy???

who are you, and what have you done to my real sister?!?

hurry up and find out if your stinker is a boy or a girl...

Unknown said...

hehehe, this made me laugh! Girl, you know better...but I'm guilty of the same thing. Minus the sour-sucking candy, and minus the baby-in-belly part. lol. Happy New Year!

Kaili said...

I want you to go back on all your posts and see in how many of them you say, "eh?". We thought it was from Papa, but i'm doubting that now. Also Robin and I were talking after leaving Earls. BOTH of Papa's laptops are SONY! Hmmmm...Haha!
Thanks for joining us for lunch!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee...I'm so glad you made it past episode 3 of season 1!! James and you were SO convinced that it was too disturbing to watch anymore (which it is, but it's too good not to continue watching, eh?). I'm glad you changed your minds! Can't wait for season 3!!!

Ah, those are the sour candies you were talking about! The sour soothers! Yes, we use to sell those when we had a store. A few of those are your tongue is screaming at you. Give yourself a break and then you'll have to start watching Daybreak! We can burn you a copy. LOL There is only 1 season (13 episodes) so it's no sweat since you finished 2 seasons of Dexter in.. like 1 week?!? LOL It's really good too.

Great, now you've got Daniel and me wanting to watch Sopranos. We only got through 2 seasons on tv before they switched it to pay tv. UGH!

Sonia

Anonymous said...

Hey Audrey,
You should Know better than that regular gooooood sleep is most important to you and baby .
please do,nt make me worry.
halmoni

Shannon said...

Audrey, you are so funny! You always get addicted to every single show you are introduced to and get no sleep! But the sour candies???? That's so gross! I can't even imagine how many sores you have in your mouth. And you gave me crap for feeding your kids delicious batter. You are so nutty!

Send me that show. I need a new addiction :)

Anonymous said...

You actually like Dexter?! What has happened to my sweet little sister? Christian & I vow not to watch it since it's kind of a gross concept yet we too get hooked and then can't turn it off... and the sour candies are going to make your baby have squinting eyes. Look what happened to Edouard (I ate way too much kimchi!)
xoxoxox