Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mmmmm Yummy

OK. So are you sick of seeing what we are eating yet? It seems like I'm obsessed with cooking and baking these days. This is completely new. Since I'm usually the type of person to make something quick and easy. It seems like too much work to make a big meal not to mention all the clean up. Well I think since I haven't been able to lose weight with my exercise program I'm kind of saying 'screw it' to the exercise and baking and cooking up a storm in protest. Much more fun and much more productive with my time. haha.

So we started with a dough. Guys!!! I made homemade dough. I'm so proud. Used yeast and all that jazz.
Saying the girls were excited to bake with me would be an understatement. Ever since they found out that Sophia had helped me bake a cheesecake, they have been asking what they could help make.
We rolled out that doughy goodness. (Wow, my kitchen is messy)
Added some brown sugar, white sugar and salt on top. Oh ya, and lots of butter and vanilla extract.
We added some chocolate chips and pecans and rolled it up. This is another Pioneer Woman recipe.
This is how it looked like before putting it in the oven. We were so giddy with happy anticipation.
And after pictures.
We were over the moon with the smell of sugar and butter in the air.
After waiting for what seemed an eternity (5 minutes) we poured on the most delicious cream cheesy icing.
The girls said that this was the best buns they EVER tasted. Even better than the cinnamon buns we get at the Farmer's Market. Yeah!

And for dinner was this delicious Asian Noodle Salad. So crunchy. Full of garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and cilantro. Now I'm FULL. Really FULL.

7 comments:

Sonia said...

Wow..those buns look amazing and so does the Asian Noodle salad!! Wow, you got some talent in your household!

Shannon said...

Um, where's your aprons ladies??????????????????

Joyce said...

ha ha ha you're funny Shannon!

and seriously those buns look heavenly. and that salad looks like it's from a restaurant. i have to take a look at the pioneer woman's website.

Audrey said...

Oh crap! I knew I was forgetting something. Those aprons are too pretty to dirty though!

Anonymous said...

buns looks so yummy but made me worry too,do not bake such things too ofen.
love you guys . halmonei.

Shannon said...

Audrey, I didn't slave over a sewing machine poking my fingers with needles and ignoring my son to have you keep the aprons in a closet! At least send it to Joycie - she'll wear it.

Unknown said...

THIS.IS.A.MAZING. wow!! I'm so impressed. Now this is REAL cooking with your kids! So so impressed and that asian noodle salad. Wow! I must try, looks so good! What the crunch in it?