So confusing. What to do. We are scared to get the vaccine. We are scared for our kids to get sick from the swine flu. Watch this documentary. Tell me what you are planning to do for your family.
You know what is disturbing about that video is the doctors immunizing people with the SAME NEEDLE!!! And I had no idea swine flu epidemic occurred in the '70's as well!!! For us, we are not getting the vaccine. I have never had a flu shot because all they do is give you the actual flu. I don't want to be sick for a week or longer from something that should protect me. I've seen too many people sick from the actual vaccine. H1N1 does scare me, and as a parent, I am confused whether to give it to Malcolm. I think I'll chat to my doctor about this before I do anything.
What a frightening, yet informative documentary!!! Thanks for posting it AA!
Oh I'm soooo torn. I really don't know what to do. I'm 50/50. It's scary getting vaccinated when it not only affects you, but also a developing baby inside you!
I am talking to my doctor Friday about pros/cons giving my son the vaccine. I will let you know what she says. Maybe that will help in your decision making.
We're still on the fence. We're quite sure Brandon has asthma (specialist said so, but we won't know for certain until he turns 7 and he can be tested), which is not good if he catches H1N1.
We're still doing some more research on what is in the Canadian vaccine before we make a decision.
Major scientific and medical bodies such as the Institute of Medicine and World Health Organization[9] as well as governmental agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration[4] and the CDC[10]—rejects any role for thiomersal in autism or other neurodevelopmental disorders. Multiple lines of scientific evidence have been cited to support this conclusion: for example, the clinical symptoms of mercury poisoning differ significantly from those of autism.[11] Most conclusively, eight major studies (as of 2008) examined the effect of reductions or removal of thiomersal from vaccines. All eight demonstrated that autism rates failed to decline despite removal of thiomersal, arguing strongly against a causative role.
Both are kids are prone to respiratory problems when sick (croup) and Brandon may have asthma (won't be confirmed until he gets tested at 7). So, that is what swayed our decision to go get vaccinated
After talking with my doctor, we are all get the H1N1 shot. When is another matter altogether. Wait times here are 6+ hours, most of it outside in the cold. Basically, if you camp out overnight, you should be able to get the shot as most clinics close their doors an hour and a half after opening because they have reached full capacity with those in line. I really can't subject my son to hypothermia just to get a vaccination. So, I have 2 options. One is to drive to another town an hour away to stand in a shorter line (45 min), or wait a couple of weeks until all doctors offices get the vaccine and line ups decrease. Problem is that I could have H1N1 by then. And now with the drug shortage expected next week because they are refining the drug to administer to pregnant women...my main concern is what in the world have they been injecting current pregnant women with and is it all safe? It's all so weird. I guess just sit tight and stay positive and get it when you can.
10 comments:
You know what is disturbing about that video is the doctors immunizing people with the SAME NEEDLE!!! And I had no idea swine flu epidemic occurred in the '70's as well!!!
For us, we are not getting the vaccine. I have never had a flu shot because all they do is give you the actual flu. I don't want to be sick for a week or longer from something that should protect me. I've seen too many people sick from the actual vaccine.
H1N1 does scare me, and as a parent, I am confused whether to give it to Malcolm. I think I'll chat to my doctor about this before I do anything.
What a frightening, yet informative documentary!!! Thanks for posting it AA!
Oh I'm soooo torn. I really don't know what to do. I'm 50/50. It's scary getting vaccinated when it not only affects you, but also a developing baby inside you!
I am talking to my doctor Friday about pros/cons giving my son the vaccine. I will let you know what she says. Maybe that will help in your decision making.
I think I'm leaning slightly more to getting vaccinated. And Hudson for sure.
We're still on the fence. We're quite sure Brandon has asthma (specialist said so, but we won't know for certain until he turns 7 and he can be tested), which is not good if he catches H1N1.
We're still doing some more research on what is in the Canadian vaccine before we make a decision.
Did you see this?
http://media.causes.com/606204?p_id=19366052
Here's more info...one from each side of the fence:
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/10/28/f-swine-flu-vaccine-ingredients-approval.html
http://dprogram.net/2009/10/28/alert-canadians-toxic-ingredients-in-the-arepanrix-h1n1-vaccine-harm-your-health/
Ok, we did more research last night and we are getting immunized. Here is the article that convinced us:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiomersal_controversy
Particularly this paragraph:
Major scientific and medical bodies such as the Institute of Medicine and World Health Organization[9] as well as governmental agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration[4] and the CDC[10]—rejects any role for thiomersal in autism or other neurodevelopmental disorders. Multiple lines of scientific evidence have been cited to support this conclusion: for example, the clinical symptoms of mercury poisoning differ significantly from those of autism.[11] Most conclusively, eight major studies (as of 2008) examined the effect of reductions or removal of thiomersal from vaccines. All eight demonstrated that autism rates failed to decline despite removal of thiomersal, arguing strongly against a causative role.
Both are kids are prone to respiratory problems when sick (croup) and Brandon may have asthma (won't be confirmed until he gets tested at 7). So, that is what swayed our decision to go get vaccinated
Audrey!
show me sophies holoween custom , interesting.
Grandfa
After talking with my doctor, we are all get the H1N1 shot. When is another matter altogether. Wait times here are 6+ hours, most of it outside in the cold. Basically, if you camp out overnight, you should be able to get the shot as most clinics close their doors an hour and a half after opening because they have reached full capacity with those in line. I really can't subject my son to hypothermia just to get a vaccination. So, I have 2 options. One is to drive to another town an hour away to stand in a shorter line (45 min), or wait a couple of weeks until all doctors offices get the vaccine and line ups decrease. Problem is that I could have H1N1 by then. And now with the drug shortage expected next week because they are refining the drug to administer to pregnant women...my main concern is what in the world have they been injecting current pregnant women with and is it all safe? It's all so weird. I guess just sit tight and stay positive and get it when you can.
I'm waiting for the "refined" one...which is supposed to available in mid-Nov.
Post a Comment