Friday, May 29, 2009

Fun Day

The girls' music teacher puts on a Fun Day at the end of each year.  Everyone plays a musical piece, eats ice cream, drinks lemonade and plays games.  Fun, right?  Well not for me.  Come to think of it, it wasn't so fun last year either with my big pregnant belly.  I know, I know, it's me whining over here again.  But damn it's hard with 3 kids and 30 plus temperature outside.
Not to mention the big gust of wind that blew down a friend's shady umbrella right into Sophia's stroller, knocking the stroller down and taking Sophia down with it.  Man, that was a slow motion moment.  I was a few feet away holding 2 cups of lemonade with the girls close beside me.   She was shaken up but is totally fine.  Phew.
I was really proud of the girls.  They never get nervous playing in front of a crowd.  They have improved quite a bit in the last 2 years.  So I guess all the sweat and tears are worth it.  I feel badly that I'm so irritated lately.  I totally need a day off!  I think quite often to a commercial long time ago when I was growing up.  Calgon, take me away!  Anyone remember that one?  Where the woman leans back in her bathtub and relaxes with a bar of Calgon soap?  Aahhh.  Anyhow, I don't think that day off will come soon enough.  As soon as my hubby came home tonight I heard him making phone calls trying to get a golf game going.  Arghhh.  Well at least Fun Day was fun for the girls.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Whew...I'm glad Sophia is ok. Sounds like a scary incident.

That bum...tell him you need a "me" day, just like he needs a golf day. Or when he's home..tell him you're running out to get groceries and instead go shopping, get your nails done and a massage (booked prior) and then come back with groceries. At least then, you didn't really lie! LOL

Joyce said...

i tried calling you, but you were out for a massage again...

just kidding.

the girls always look so sweet. i can't believe that happened to Sophia. scary.

Shannon said...

Scary slow mo moment is right! Glad she's alright! The girls are doing awesome with their piano! That's terrific. Hope you get some "me" time soon.