Sunday, September 14, 2008

Upcoming Week

So the week that I have been anticipating and dreading has arrived.  This week Sophia will have the surgery that will correct the hole in her heart.  I am feeling terrified at the thought of handing my precious baby over to the doctors for them to do their job.  Thank you to all of you guys that have been praying for her and keeping us in your thoughts.  It really means a lot.

We have been showing her so much love and affection.   And she has been so happy lately.  She has gotten used to the tube so it doesn't seem to bother her as much.  Thank goodness.  I can't wait until she has NO MORE TUBES!
She loves staring at the ceiling fans, lights, when we talk to her, nursing, her sisters, music, staring at her hanging toys in her donut toy, and when I read stories to the girls.  Pretty sure staring at the ceiling fan is the top one....you can always count on getting a smile from that.

The good news is that Sophia has gained weight and grown.  Yeah!  She's almost 11 pounds and I just started putting her in 3 to 6 months clothing.  She had outgrown the 3 month sleepers.  Yahoo! 
The girls love their sister and they seem really proud when their friends at school come and check her out.  The girls are enjoying Kindergarten but still enjoy being at home with me more.  I guess that is something to be happy about since I know that won't last long as they get older.  So we are leaving this fairly relaxing weekend to head into THE week.  Please continue with the positive thoughts and the prayers.  Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is always with sophia.
She looks great.

Evreything will be going well.
I'will pray for sophia.

I love you, Granfa.

Susan said...

Sophia is the strong one so no need to tell her to be brave! We are praying that all goes well & that her recovery is smooth! We love you Ahn-Jung clan!!
xoxoxoxoxo

Joyce said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you all week (plus the following recovery period).

P.S. I loved the previous post on "sisters". They are lucky to have each other!

Shannon said...

I second Joyce's comment about the "Sisters" post. VERY sweet and loving.
The photos of your three babes are all gorgeous! I am so glad you all had a happy week, as evident from the beautiful smiles on everyone's faces, especially Miss Sophia's!
Susan is right...Sophia is a very strong, brave girl, as evident from her gaining weight! Great job Mama and Sophia! That was a lot of hard work, and paid off.
Our thoughts, prayers, best wishes, every ounce of karma and positive thinking are with the JAARS.
Drive safe and ensure you and James take care of one another!!

xxoo

Unknown said...

I love love love the pics with all 3 sisters. So sweet. We'll be thinking of all of you!