Wednesday, March 28, 2007
It does to me. And it was absolutely delicious. It brought back so many memories. My grandma & my mama have made it for me many many times. I don't even know what it is officially called but we called it Spicy Noodles or Kimchi Noodles (Mei Won Gook Su). I haven't made it in a while because we normally don't have any kimchi in the house. But recently we discovered this Oriental supermarket that sells it. So we have bought kimchi by the big tub. This is the 2nd big tub that we bought.
So I had a craving to make this for dinner tonight. But this repair guy was coming over to our house at 4:30pm. Ok...so I figure he would be gone by 5ish or 5:30 at the latest. So I patiently waited and waited until he finished his job and left before I opened up the STINKY but DELICIOUS tub of kimchi. And I know it stinks like crazy when I open up the lid because both my girls pinch their noses and ask me what that smell is. But this guy took forever and he finished at 6:30!!!!! When he finally left I ran to the kitchen to open up the jar and make my dish. And it was so tasty and my mouth is on fire from the spice and I'm stinky but it was so satisfying. Just wondering if this would make any of you guys salivate?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
yum!!! looks so spicy though...i love that dish...but i would have put less kimchi and more noodles. by the way, is the store-bought kimchi any good? i can't believe you can buy kimchi in penticton!
Did you go to the Asian market in Kelowna? That places rocks! I bought kimchee here at Safeway and it actually burst open and rotted. So even more stinky rotting cabbage. I didn't eat it as it may have done some serious harm. I digress...your spicy noodles look phenomenal and I want the recipe! Good job Mama!
Shannon
Ok, so I'd like 2 orders of that dish... can't pick up so you'll have to deliver.
That's 2 orders of spicy noodles...and no I don't need chopsticks. I've got plenty of those.
Oh yum....
I am definitely drooling, although I like it only a little spicy.
As for the stink of kimchee..I'm far worse then you..I would have not only opened all the windows while cooking and afterwards, but changed my clothes after eating, and made sure that I spoke to no one important the next day. The smell of kimchee tends to linger on the breath a day or two later..pretty potent stuff! I want the recipe looks yummy!
Sonia
Post a Comment