Why do kids wake up so early?
When do kids start to sleep in? At what age?
When can weekends mean sleeping in?
I guess I'm cranky this morning because I stayed up till 1am finishing my book.
The Memory Keeper's Daughter.
But I asked my hubby if he would wake up and be the 'mommy' this morning so I can
catch up on my zzzzzzz's.
Which I did for about an hour until I heard screaming and yells of "Help! Help!"
So I sprang from my bed and ran towards the kids.
Everyone looked surprised to see me running towards them since they were only play
pretending that a snake (the belt from their housecoats) were attacking them.
But now I was fully awake. Great.
The kids are being somewhat tortured with the concept of time.
"Why is it taking so long for my birthday to come?!" they ask about 2 or 3 times a week. It's been a couple of months since they have been asking. And it's not for another 3 months.
They are on Spring Break for the next 2 weeks. So when I explained that they weren't going to preschool because we were on a mini school vacation, they got all excited. "Vacation?!!!....Are we going to Mexico with Halmonie?" Well no. It's just a break from pre-school. Wow, must be confusing for little people.
Then this morning when I asked them to get dressed for the day they ran around all excited..."Yeah...are we going to Kaili's house now?" Well no. We are going around 3 o'clock today. Now? No. Tomorrow? No...later today.....after your nap. "But we just slept a long time!" Oh man, why do I even tell them what is going to happen in the future? I should just tell them right before it happens so they don't ask me a million times if that time is NOW.
The weather has been warm so the girls have been back out on their bikes. But now, they can bike pretty fast and don't want to just stay in the cul de sac outside of our house. They want to go down the street to the stop sign. So funny how when you are small all the way down to the stop sign is sooooooooo far. But they don't bike at the same speed. One goes a lot faster than the other. So basically one can be taking off down the street while the other one is biking slowly near the side of the road admiring rocks. So it can make a paranoid mama go a little crazy out there.
Basketball net. Hubby bought the girls a Little Tykes net and set it up outside. Very hilarious watching them play. We have been spending a LOT of time outside this weekend.
It's been great.
Happy Birthday Victor! Happy Birthday Daniel! I want a piece of your cakes!
Here's our week in photos:




5 comments:
love the pictures! the girls look like they're getting so much older, too fast! and poor tobi...you can see the shame in his eyes!
Alex and Rachel are so fun to watch! James must be so proud of the b-net; a change from all the pink frou-frou!
Keep taking those pictures!
xoxoxoxo
bravo Rachel; you are a better baskek ball player than ani of us .
They are so inquisitive! I don't think life at your place could ever be boring. Hopefully you'll get some sleep soon. Pic's are terrific!
Shannon
I was finally able to watch the video at home. Holy cow is Rachel awesome! She's like Michael Jordan!!! Too cute! What a fun family day!
Post a Comment