


What's New?So what have we been up to? We decided to head up to the local ski hill this past weekend to see what was going on. Good thing that we stopped by Wendy's and got ourselves some food because NOTHING was open up there. Lot's of people go there to go mountain biking so I figured some shops would be open. But it was super quiet up there. So we just set up a little picnic.
Then on the drive home we saw a beautiful black bear which was the highlight of our afternoon drive. The bear was chubby and ran right in front of our car and up the hill and stopped to stare at us staring at him!
We also had a short visit with Kaili and her family at the new Vietnamese restaurant. It was an 'OK' meal. Disappointing for us since we love Vietnamese food and the food was just adequate. But good to see Jaia who was awake the whole time and was looking/staring around at everything.
We registered for ballet classes today. Rachel is super excited to start and Alex is not too sure if she wants to go. But I registered them both in for Saturday mornings. And I guess I was looking way too eager when she was explaining what they had to wear (pink, pink, pink) and what they had to bring, etc.... I think that if I'm happy I act really hyper or something. Because the lady at the ballet school made this funny comment to me. "You sure seem excited to have them take this class....you know that the pink outfits are mandatory ONLY for the kids, eh?" So I kind of joked back that it's a good thing she mentionned that because I would have been embarassed showing up dressed like my kids... or something along those lines. But seriously, I must wear my emotions on my sleeve.We started to watch season one of Prisonbreak and now we are hooked. Thanks a lot Shannon...I'll be missing hours of sleep now since I have to watch it when the kids are asleep. James, Halmonie and I watched one whole DVD (4 episodes) last night and went to bed way too late because we kept on saying...OK let's watch just one more. And on top of that season 2 of LOST is out on video from today! Which we didn't end up renting because we are way too tired today.
But the most exciting news of the day is that Alex and Rachel started school today. Well, officially they start next Tuesday but today we went and got an orientation and got to meet the other kids and parents. And because our town is so small, we knew some of the other parents and kids which was nice. So their reactions: Rachel was way too excited to go to school. Once there she jumped in and started working on some puzzles. Alex didn't want to go. Even before she went to bed last night she told me she didn't want to go to school. But today, she surprised me once we got there. She also jumped right in and warmed right up to the teacher. Phew. I was pretty emotional today before we headed out to the orientation. It was only for 1/2 hour and we got to stay with them the whole time. I can only imagine how emotional I will be next week when I have to actually leave them there all by themselves.
Well I think that pretty much wraps up what we've been up to. Hopefully I will get to bed at a decent hour tonight since we won't be watching any episodes of Prisonbreak.
5 comments:
Hi, Guys !!!
So long weekend was gone like that.
Now weather is good here too.
Not hot, not humidy,
And I can not believe lovely girls are going to school.
I miss them so much.
I love you all.
Holy cow!! You did ALL that in 1 day? You're awesome! That is way too cool you saw a bear. We went for Vietnamese Sunday as well! Probably missed ya! The girls are in ballet AND going to school?? Man, you'll be a wreck!! Pink, pink and more pink...sounds way too fun! Oh, and you are welcome for Prisonbreak! I will say it now..."told ya so!" Guess we'll be walking this weekend, or is that booked off for Lost? ha ha
You TOTALLY copied us with the whole renting prisonbreak, geesh!
Thanks for meeting up with us, it was so nice seeing you all.
I can't believe the lady said they HAVE to wear pink, that's dumb.
I was all sad that the girls didn't call after school today, but then when we got home this evening, I was giving Jaia a bed (way to late to call) and Robin said there was a message from them. :)
Talk to you later, can't with for our date this week!
The girls look so cute!!! I'm glad that they BOTH were okay at school. Can't wait to hear the stories they have each day when they come home...
How exciting Im sure your babes are going to just love school. Are they already old enough for pre-school or is this like a pre-pre-school?
Good luck with dropping them off, it seems its always harder on the parents then the kids.
Post a Comment