Sunday, September 24, 2006


So Far Away....

I've been thinking about these lyrics by Carole King's song lately:

But you're so far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
Doesn't help to know that you're so far away

It's just this feeling that this life is so unpredictable and so short and why is it that I'm living so far away from the people that I care about? Not that there aren't special people who live near us now. And I do love where we are living now. But I just wonder how it came about that families/friends can live all over the world in different places and see each other only once a year and be OK with that. Sorry this post is such a downer but I miss you guys like crazy. Promise that the next post will be much more cheery with pictures of my silly children.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Audrey !!!
Even cloud is all over the place,
Sun is always above there.

If we can't see so often, always you are in my mind, so may be relax and try to see everybody's mind trough lovely Alex and Rachel's dalily life.

I love you

Joyce said...

your post made my eyes start watering...it is really sad isn't it? it makes me so envious of people who have all their family and friends living in the same city...they don't realize how blessed they are to be able to just drop by their loved ones houses whenever they want. it's the simplicity of being a part of each other's daily/weekly/monthly lives that i miss. the "nothing special" moments that people who are close share...

thank god for email and blogs to keep up to date though...

Anonymous said...

Audrey, you made my eyes water too!
What Joyce says it true; the little visits where there isn't any specific occasion but talking over coffee & croissants as the kids go crazy running around and laughing...
That's why I love your blog, it gives us a chance to "see" into your daily lives and feel like we are participating. Yesterday, Romy wanted videos of when she was a baby. Christian & I were in awe as we saw how much she has grown; for us, it seems that time had stood still since her birth. Victor was proud of his baby antics but I feel absolutely horrible because I hardly filmed Edouard (which of course he noticed). I will have to dust off the old videocam and start with #3 this time...

Anonymous said...

you are allways in my heart.
of cause , I wish that you guys are living at least driving distance like a Ottawa or even Kingston, but , can you believe what I visited Ottawa only two times for 3 years ? .

Love you guys .

Anonymous said...

you are allways in my heart.
of cause , I wish that you guys are living at least driving distance like a Ottawa or even Kingston, but , can you believe what I visited Ottawa only two times for 3 years ? .

Love you guys .

Kaili said...

Do you just post about whatever our phone conversations are? Haha!
I feel sorry for people who's families live apart. I feel bad for Robin everday, he misses his brother so.
I am lucky, although I wish ALL my family was in the same area.