Every so often....I feel rested. This does NOT happen very often. In fact I feel tired 99% of the time. But this morning, the stars aligned and I didn't care that the dishes from breakfast were left all over the table and the counters were dirty. I left it and jumped back into bed and even spent 1/2 hour on the newspaper Sudoku puzzle. It was heavenly. The older girls were busy playing and Sophia was lying beside me in bed....very occupied because she had her sister's DS in hand.

Then I took the girls outside for a walk in the snow. It's a very small town so we bumped into some friends (girls they went to preschool with!) and the girls had a blast. There is LOTS of snow already up at the ski hill.

On another note we feel very fortunate because out of the girls' bedroom window (literally just a few feet away) you can see that the ski lodge right beside us burnt to the ground earlier this week. We were told that if the wind was blowing in a different direction, we might not have been so lucky and our place could have burned down too. Crazy.


5 comments:
Ah.. this is nice! I'm so glad you were able to relax and have fun. It's crazy but I was feeling happier this weekend too. Finally!
It's also crazy about the ski lodge beside your house. Whew! Close call. Thank God you guys weren't affected but sorry about the ski lodge. Hopefully, they have insurance.
That is an insane amount of snow over there! Something I really don't want to see for a little while longer.. : ) Have a great start to your week Audrey!
Wow, that's crazy about the condo next door! Scary how close it was to you guys.
It looks like a winter wonderland over there!
Talk to you later...
Oh I might add that in the first picture of the fire, that white tank by the trees....ya that is a PROPANE tank!!!!!
You guys are super lucky. Any idea what started the fire? Glad everything is ok.
Sounds like a super relaxing day!
Glad you were feeling relaxed. :)
Wow, how scary!! Glad everyone/everything is safe.
Post a Comment