Sophia is pretty much totally recovered from the Chicken Pox. Rachel caught it from her sister. Alex never got it!!! Rachel is totally better now. The above picture was taken before the weekend and now she is much better. Hopefully, fingers crossed, all the kids will be back at school tomorrow.
We heard that there was snow up at the ski hill so we ventured there this weekend. There was snow but not that much and it was all melting and we were all soaking wet after a walk outside to get fresh air.


What else is new? I'm actually enjoying my new job. Enjoying it because it seems so peaceful compared to being home in mommy mode all day long with constant interruptions. You know, the constant making snacks and meals, cleaning up faces and crumbs on the floor, wiping bums, doing endless laundry, playing hide and seek, etc.... On Friday, there was a meeting over lunch at work and not only did I sit in the boardroom for an hour NOT working but they fed me a delicious pulled pork sandwich. And I was happy. haha. Which is so funny because when I used to work full time if they had told me that I had to forfeit my lunch hour on Friday afternoon because there was a branch meeting I would have been furious. Come on my lunch hour is MY hour and I don't care if you buy me a dumb sandwich. See how much my perspective has changed? haha. I'm so happy to sit in peace and listen to office blah blah blah and eat my food in peace!!!
I have wildly fluctuating feelings of "I'm the luckiest mama in the world to be surrounded by these girls!" to feelings of wanting to run away so I can be left alone for a while. While I'm typing, Sophia is sniffing and licking my arm. I don't know why except that I wished that she would stop and go off and play. I know that these are very random topics and thoughts and I have wondered if I am slowly going crazy in this small corner of the world.
These letters to Santa are SO sweet. I saw these Santa letter writing kits at the dollar store today and had to buy them. Alex wanted to only ask for one item so that she was sure to get this one item. She had written down a wish for Sophia and then erased it when she realized that I had bought one of these kits for Sophia too. She is such a mama always looking out for her younger sis.
Rachel wrote a beautiful list for Santa. She covered her bases asking for 5 different items. She even asked Alex, what are you going to do if Santa can't make you roller skates? You want to get nothing? I laughed. So funny. She is excited to help Sophia with her list once she wakes up from her nap.
So there you have it. A very random post.
5 comments:
I love this random post.
First of all...POOR Rachel! She got so many spots on her face! Second...I used to love branch meetings. It was always such a nice break from dealing with clients. Third...I TOTALLY get feeling so lucky to be a mama one minute, then wanting to run away the next minute. It's HARD being a mama! I always feel guilty at the end of the day for the number of times I've gotten mad/frustrated at the boys.
And lastly...LOVE the letters to Santa. Their personalities are oozing from their lists.
Good night sister. Talk to you tomorrow.
Me too, I love this post (especially Spunky's Groucho pose!)
I have to add that after being off this week and being a SAHM, it was nice to be more relaxed for the kids once they got home from school instead of feeling like a chicken with its head cut off...
Enjoy your lunches and your peaceful coffee breaks!
Give a big kiss to Rachel (for her spots), a big kiss to Alex for being so sweet and tickle Spunky for me! xoxoxoxo
Hey Audrey, I was going to ask how your work was going.. It sounds like it's going great! Aw, poor Rachel. Well, at least 2 of your girls got the chicken pox and are now recovering from it. We have yet to go through anything major and just thinking of it stresses me out. Who stayed home with your sick girls?
I can understand your feeling of wanting to escape it all. Even a day out or an evening out.. it really makes a big difference! Otherwise, the constant interruptions is enough to make anyone go crazy. lol. And you've got 3 girls! Three awesome girls but you know what I mean.
Enjoy your 'quiet' time at the office. : ) heehee. I personally wish ppl at my office would also leave me alone cuz they all remind me of whiny kids. lol.
I guess I was kind of ranting in my post yesterday. It's a good thing I didn't even get started on my husband!
I guess everything in life should be in balance. A good stay at home with the kids and work balance. So the kids don't drive you too crazy and your co-workers don't drive you crazy. Because I know if I worked more hours at the office the co-workers would get on my nerves too. haha
Looks those awful, itchy spots. UGH! I remember those dastardly pox! Get better soon kidlets!
P.S. I hear ya Rach about the DQ Blizzard maker. That'd be #1 on my Santa List too, if I was still eligible.
Post a Comment