Sorry, not a winner. What?!!!! We scan it 2 more times. Then James exclaims that it must be broken. So we read the scanner machine and it says that if it has a red checkmark logo on the ticket that the scanner is accurate. So we scour the ticket and we find the red checkmark logo. We are confused people!!! Because 2 Queens definitely beats out 17!!! Right? We get back into the car, Alex tells us that maybe if we try tomorrow we will win the money. I tell the girls to SHUSH because mama and papa need to figure this out. We re read and re read the damn rules. And then realize that the game isn't BlackJack it is POKER!!!! HA HA HA on us! We belly laughed so hard at ourselves it wasn't even funny! We were so disappointed! And exhausted. The emotions were so exhausting. The highs the lows! hahaha
Anyhow it was an exciting end to our day. We still laugh at ourselves. We were even arguing about if we would have to drive to Kamloops on Monday to pick up our winnings or else send it in by courier, etc....I though for sure we would drive the 2 1/2 hours to pick up our cheque! Papa thought that we would courier the ticket. etc.... I even had greedy thoughts like, "Oh I should have scratched that ticket this week and if I had won that $7000 I could have put it in my bank account and have been super duper RICH and Papa wouldn't even know!" Isn't that so greedy and bad that I had those fleeting thoughts?!! And we even argued about what we were going to spend it on. I have wanted to get the girls new furniture for the longest time but it seems like such a waste of money. We had gotten them these cheap laminate beds from Walmart 4 years ago and they are falling apart. I keep looking on Pottery Barn but get scared off by the prices. So I naturally thought that we could spend some money on the kids' room. Papa wanted to pay our municipal taxes with the money. And then he went on and on about other things that we have to pay for soon. All of this arguing, debating, stress, excitement in a matter of 30 minutes! What would happen if we actually WON the million dollars. The arguing/debating would be ENDLESS. haha. See people...MONEY IS EVIL!
5 comments:
OH THE AGONY!!! I can't even imagine how excited you must have been!
I LOVE dreaming of how I would spend the million!
Hahaha!!! Money IS evil. It's true! But wouldn't it be nice to have some? lol. Man, this really made me laugh! I could just see you all at that gas station. Holy moly! Thx for the great laugh.. aw man.. At least it was an exciting evening...
Haha..reading this was priceless. I laughed so hard I almost peed.
Yep, money is evil..but it sure can buy some nice things! ;o)
You're a loser! I read the title and exclaimed out loud that you won the lottery! I skimmed so fast and realized you didn't win. NUTS! I'm mad that you didn't win cause I want to know someone who won.
I got 5 numbers on Lotto 649 once. My mum and I were SO excited and I went to the booth, think I won thousands and she hands me $65. I told her she must be mistaken and she had to explain that "a lot of other people hit on 5 numbers as well."
Oh, and I won Bingo when I was 5 years old with my Grandma, and cause I was a kid, they wouldn't give me the money, but gave me a polyester stuffed elephant instead. Let's just say Grandma was pretty pissed we got ripped off.
P.S. When you win the lottery, you do not be logical about it and put it on taxes. You splurge! Get yourself a boob job and some furniture for the girls. Papa can get a mid-life crisis car.
For goodness sake! Update your frickin' blog already! It's been a month.
Post a Comment