Sophia's birthday is 4 days after the twins and it seemed kind of crazy to invite the same friends from last weekend over and ask them to, yet again, buy one of our kids another gift. So we didn't plan anything for her birthday. The girls kept making me feel guilty over this. Asking questions (So you are not suppose to have a party when you turn 2? Then how come so and so did? etc...) and making comments about the decorations that I had put around the house using old leftovers from previous years (How come you put Barbie tablecloth on the table? If I was the mama I would have put Dora because Sophia doesn't even know Barbie.) Jeesh the commentary was hilarious. I thought if I put up a couple of balloons, and some past year decorations around the table and have cake after dinner that would be fun for Sophia. To be more precise, Papa didn't want to have a party and have tons of people over. But to his SURPRISE I threw a quickie party that was planned in literally 2 hours. He came home from work to a house full of kids. haha! He ended up having fun. We all did.
It was an Elmo theme party. We went to Safeway and Sophia picked out her Elmo balloon (even though she is scared of watching Elmo on TV!) and then off to the dollar store where she picked out Elmo plates and napkins. It was just as much fun buying the stuff with Sophia as the party itself. She was so excited.


I asked all the mamas to bring their bikes and helmets for the party. The kids rode around in the street. All 10 of them! It was quite the busy road.


The OMG it's so sweet cake. You know the kind you get at a kids' party. I offered Kaili some and she refused to take it home. haha.
Sophia LOVED everyone singing to her. She has re-watched the video we took last night so many times already this morning.
She was getting tired but was still very into opening her gifts. Jeesh the gifts that I felt badly that people had to buy. But everyone had called me earlier to tell me they had a gift already for Sophia that they wanted to drop off.
The cute kiddies.



7 comments:
So it was worth it?!? Looks like a real party, not one planned at the last minute! Fun! And her boyfriend Jaia is sitting next to her in the last picture!
Where's the video of her blowing out her candles?
looks very fun party you have for your 2 year old b-day Sophia, I want see more
love halmonie.
That's so COOL!! You are Super Mom! Seriously. Without a doubt. Look at all the kids having fun. It's really not about the decoration (although, I thought it was so sweet Sophia picked out hers), it's about being with people you love being with! Awesome last minute party!
It was SO MUCH fun! We LOVED it!! Amish looks giant in the last pic. LOVE it!
Looks like a great party! If you hadn't said anything, looking at the pictures, it looks like a proper b-day party.
I'm glad everyone had a good time and Miss Sophia enjoyed being fussed over. :)
What? You didn't plan a party for Sophia? Glad you made up one later. She's a sweetie and everyone wants to shower her with gifts!!! Glad she had a great time.
And, what's with Joyce's comment about Jaia being her boyfriend????
So sweet, love that Sophia got an elmo party! Two year olds are so fun! Bike parade was a great idea, you throw together an impressive party! We went to a party that had a hat parade this year, there were some hilirous hats I tell ya!
Post a Comment