Yup, it happened yesterday. I turned the Big 40. Crazy. I'm that old...haha...sniff sniff.
It's been a great birthday week and I've been really spoiled. It started with a surprise birthday party for me and my good friend, Lori. Supposedly I helped organize my own party?!! My friend, Shannon and her family came to visit from Calgary so I tried to get some friends over for a BBQ. I had no idea that Shannon was coming to town because she had planned my 40th bday party. So I made it real easy for them to get everyone over to my house.

I have to mention that now looking back on this party I did have a great time. I say this because I kind of freaked out at Shannon after the party. No real need for details, right? haha and Shannon we can laugh about it now, right? haha
A beautiful, delicious chocolate cake. YUM.
Beautiful matching aprons made with love from Shannon. Too pretty to dirty.
Lots of delicious food. Good to have friends that are foodies.
Then I got another birthday party! Kaili brought over her blue eyed boys and a beautiful black forest cake on Friday night. We had dinner together and I got another birthday cake complete with the singing. Woohoo!

On Saturday night, James and I got to go out for dinner. So nice to eat a meal s.l.o.w.l.y. It was delicious and we were in great company.

And after dinner....Elton John!!!!!! It was the 2nd time I went to see him in my lifetime and it was GREAT! He sang for 2 hours and 45 minutes straight. Awesome. For an encore he came out and sang Circle of Life from the Lion King. So much fun.




And then last night on my real birthday my mom (aka Halmoni who is visiting us right now) made me the most delicious Korean meal of Kimchee, Jap Chae, Marinated pork and Seaweed soup. So much love was poured into this meal.
And of course, another cake. Black Forest Cake! Woo hoo double time. We ended the night going to the beach and just hanging out. It was a great week and I'm feeling all the love. Thanks guys for all the gifts (too many to mention) and the phone calls, emails, and thoughts.
(love the tablecloth, Susan!)
7 comments:
BTW all the photos from the surprise party were taken by Shannon and used without permission from moi. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Ok, I have to say this first, Halmoni Ahn, if you're reading this: I want some of your cooking!! Wow, yum yum, looks so good! Better than all your more than 2 cakes! What a great great week of parties. And hilarious that you got everyone together for your own shindig! hahaha! Audrey, wishing you all the love and best for your 40th. You really don't look a day over 26 and that's the God's honest truth. You look terrific and it shows how much you're loved and how much love you give back. You're also such a sweet maman to the little ladies who always look so well turned out and happy! Kisses and hugs to you!
xoxo
The surprise party looked so fun...and for the record...you look like you're beaming in all the pictures from the party...so kinda weird that you got mad afterwards!!! Gotta stick up for Shannon, because when I move into my new house...I want a pretty apron to wear in my kitchen, okay?!?
Love all the pictures sister. Really wish I could have been there with you. Maybe after the whole house-reno thing is over.
P.S. LOVE Sophia's bikini!!!
So fun! Too bad we missed the surprise party! Wish we could have been there!
Nice Elmo hat! Haha!
I bet you had the BEST time going out with Papa childless and to the concert. SO fun!
Happy Birthday ya big oldie! Haha! I am SO young! Haha!
Wow! See, Audrey, people REALLY do like you!! SO spoiled for your birthday. How many calories have you put on this week with all that delicious cake and Korean food?
Lessons learned...there will be NO future P-Town party planning. And, as for laughing about it Audrey, I hear that time heals all wounds. :)
P.S why haven't you shown off the beautiful gift Dr Evil gave you?
P.P.S Susan and Joyce, she says I'm like her sister now cause she yelled at me like she does you two. That true cause I'm not buying it.
ha ha Aud. Glad you had a fabulous and MEMORABLE birthday! Enjoy everyday.
Wow, what a wonderful b-day week! Lucky you!! :)
I love Shannon's aprons..so colourful and beautiful and your mom's food looks so yummy!
BTW, love your choice in jewellery in the photo of you and J close up. Hee hee
Awww Audrey... you are surrounded by love, now be polite, say thank-you and enjoy!
Message to Shannon: Welcome long-lost Sister! So... how come you didn't make an apron for Dr. Evil? He needs one to BBQ, or to protect his labcoat at the office :)
Post a Comment