Monday, January 25, 2010

In memory of Haraboji

Every new day brings me further from our last phone conversation, the last time I heard your voice, the last time you left a comment on my blog. The comments that would make me smile. I miss you so much and something always makes me remember you. Especially Sophia. How you use to say that I didn't understand what she was saying...that she wanted to go to Montreal to see Haraboji. I'm thinking of you.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Yes he LOVED lobster dinner, wine, and his grandkids. That video was perfect...very emotional to watch though.

thanks sis.

Shannon said...

Oh Audrey, that was GORGEOUS! It made me smile until the end when I found myself with tears in my eyes. What fantastic photos and what a gorgeous family he had! It is so nice that you all got to be together in Mexico last year and that he was with you at Christmas. I know he's so proud of all of you and watching over all of you. You're very fortunate to have such wonderful memories. Hold onto those.

Thanks for sharing your Dad with us. His comments always made me chuckle too.

Sonia said...

Audrey, that was so beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes right at the start.

What lovely memories for you and the girls to cherish.

((Audrey))

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute. It showed how much he was surrounded by so much love... and so many grandchildren! Talk about riches in life!

Kaili said...

So sweet! Great job! I couldn't even watch it with the music on, tears streaming down my cheeks. Your Dad was a wonderful man! LOVE how happy he looks holding his grandchildren and my fav pic was him and your Mom in Mexico with the shades on! They both LOVED that trip, you can tell! So happy you took it!
Wonderful tribute!

Anonymous said...

Audrey,
I just found out today and I am so sorry. My family sends their love.

Beautiful video. Tears from beg. to end. What wonderful memories.

Stay strong and positive.

Nathalie
XXX....

Shalane said...

That video was AWESOME Audrey! He will forever be with you...in you memories and in your hearts!
I send me love!

-Love Shalane