Like an urban legend I've heard about this lady who teaches swimming lessons in her backyard. She makes even kids who kick and scream and don't want to get their heads wet learn how to swim. Several moms would mention her to me but when I asked for her name and number no one knew it. They only heard about her. Well just by luck my neighbor knew of her and got me in contact with her. No word of a lie....18 minutes into the 1st lesson my girls were dunking their heads underwater and swimming. WOW! I could have swallowed hundreds of flies my mouth was hanging open in amazement. Apparently we were keeping them back by always having them wear life jackets. It is just the start of the summer and I'm excited to see their progress by the end of summer.
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Swimming
Like an urban legend I've heard about this lady who teaches swimming lessons in her backyard. She makes even kids who kick and scream and don't want to get their heads wet learn how to swim. Several moms would mention her to me but when I asked for her name and number no one knew it. They only heard about her. Well just by luck my neighbor knew of her and got me in contact with her. No word of a lie....18 minutes into the 1st lesson my girls were dunking their heads underwater and swimming. WOW! I could have swallowed hundreds of flies my mouth was hanging open in amazement. Apparently we were keeping them back by always having them wear life jackets. It is just the start of the summer and I'm excited to see their progress by the end of summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Truly truly amazing. Now that you have her contact info., and can pass it along to people for a small nominal fee!
The pictures are so fun!
Rachel will be proud that her beautiful suits won't be hidden by her swim vest!
Hey Joyce, when you think Hudson's ready to learn to swim, just go visit Audrey in Penticton!
Those photos are great, especially the first one of Alex - very Olympic!!!
So, will we be watching twins compete for Canada in 2020?
Post a Comment