Saturday, March 01, 2008

Our Disney Adventure








We are back from our trip to Disneyland! You always hear about how 'magical' it is there but it truly was for the kids. They believed. The cast that were dressed up as different characters were very real to them - they were in AWE talking to the Disney princesses - and they were really fearful of Captain Hook and Cruella de Vil. The fireworks were the best that we ever saw - and the girls couldn't believe that Tinkerbell was flying through the air above us. It was worth all the trouble to get us down there to watch them wave and yell out to Alice in Wonderland, Flounder, Ariel, I could go on and on....as the floats went by us during the parade. We ate lots of junk food, the kids stayed up really late every night, we swam in the warm sunshine one afternoon, I got to shop at a Target finally(was kind of disappointed), and we walked A LOT!!!!! We had a great time but are happy to be back at home sweet home.

I included this video which is quite long and should make my parents really happy to see their grandkids having fun.

10 comments:

Joyce said...

absolutely LOVED that video! so very very magical! loved your belly. loved the girls fancy princess dresses. loved james wearing a backpack with mickey-eared balloons attached. so so fun!

Kaili said...

Robin and I loved that video!!! You are so cool to know how to do that!
But we are seriously laughing OUT LOUD about Papa wearing that pick back pack in every picture. Haha! Love that you have so many family shots. SO cool!
We want to go so badly with you guys again!!!
The girls look thrilled in EVERy picture, it truly IS magical there!

So happy to finally see the pictures. Thanks for posting!

Joyce said...

p.s. Rachel's Build-a-Bear looks like Bosco!

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks like you had so much fun. Keira and I were watching your video and when she saw the girls with Minnie Mouse...I thought she was going to fall off the chair. She just screamed out "it's it's it's...IT'S MINNIE MOUSE!!!!!!" Talk about a groupie...lol! Did the girls wear the princess outfits all day?

Great family shots too. You look fab!

Anonymous said...

James complained about the Pink Strawberry Shortcake backpack everyday...asking why it can't just be blue or something.

And yes, Fluffy does look like Bosco.

Chantal, it was their dream come true to wear the princess dresses all day long out in public. They wanted to wear it everyday when we were there but the shoes were just not that practical.

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing your pics with us; loved it! We'll definately have to plan a family reunion there - James can hang out with the boys and go on "scary" rides and Romy can take care of Alex & Rachel and you & I can go hang out at the pool with Sophia!
Okay, Joyce... you can come too!
xoxoxoxox

Shannon said...

What a great video Audrey! Your princesses are so beautiful and look so happy. I know you were tired, but you look radiant. I did notice Papa packing all the goods. What a trooper! It looks like such a wonderful family holiday.

Sonia said...

Awesome fun video Audrey! Ava was sitting on my lap and watched it with me and loved seeing all the characters with Alex and Rachel. She said we must go sometime soon! I told her we will as soon as Brandon is old enough to remember and appreciate it.

You are so very pregnant now! Love the belly!!

Kaili said...

Susan,
Can we come too?

Kaili said...
This comment has been removed by the author.