Monday, March 24, 2008
Pregnancy Update
I've been going to see my OB-Gyn once a month since the beginning of the pregnancy. At first the visits were pretty routine. Pee in a cup, see how much weight I gained, what the baby's heartbeat is, etc.... But for the past 2 months these visits have freaked me out. 2 months ago, the Dr. let me know that there were some concerns over my ultrasound results. Which then led to a 2 day trip to Vancouver to get more testing done at the BC Women's Hospital (I love that hospital BTW). Everything was OK and our fears were reassured. Then the last time I visited the Dr. he told me that they found some protein in my urine. So I had some more blood work taken. The protein part ended up being fine but they found that I'm borderline Gestational Diabetes. Which is really crappy because that's what I had when I was pregnant with the twins. And it wasn't fun to prick your finger several times every day and keep note of your glucose levels and watch every frickin thing that you ate. Whine, whine, whine! So the Dr. gave me this strict diet to follow for 3 days and then get more blood work done to see if this helps. The problem is that I haven't followed this 3 day diet yet so I can't go in for the blood work. I keep coming up with excuses. My parents were visiting, we were making special meals, we went away for a ski weekend with James' co-workers, it's Easter weekend, Easter brunch, Turkey dinner, etc...... I HAVE to start this diet tomorrow!!!!!! So tonight I sneaked a bowl of Haagan Daas ice cream - Strawberry AND Chocolate Brownie! And I ate my fair share of Easter chocolate too. What fun is it to be pregnant and chubby (FAT) if you can't pig out on your favorite yummy food?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thanks for the pregnancy update. No, it's not fun not being able to pig out when you're pregnant..I feel for you.
Can't believe there's only 91 days to go!! Can't wait to meet the baby!
I think Sophia is going to be a total "rebel" - first you go against your better judgement and filled up on the sour candies, now I hear that you ate whatever you wanted, against the advice of the Dr... this can only result in a female version of Edouard - NO FEAR, NO RULES! Have you been adding wine & beer to your usual diet?!
aw man, that sucks. but don't think of it as a diet... think of it like, you can eat whatever you want but you don't really want it! lol. no but seriously, take care of yourself. aren't you close to the finish line anyways? what's a coupla more weeks?? hang in there!! : )
You haven't started yet lady? Wasn't that our conversation LAST week?
Yeah I think Susan is on to something here. Haha!
Sophia and I can eat candy together.
Sorry we didn't call about the park today, you wouldn't have wanted to hang out with me today, I was a tad "moody" to say the least. Hehe!
Talk to you soon.
Hope everything goes SO good with the blood work and you can STOP worrying!
Audrey, please listen to the doctor and take care of the both of you. I don't think the diet can be that bad, can it? It's amazing how much you have to worry about and Sophia's not even here yet.
Take care of yourself chickie.
I am so glad that everything checked out when you had that scare. I have been thinking about you alot, but have been afraid to ask how you are doing so thanks for the update. Good luck on the diet. I had protiens in my urine with Ava and my glucose was high, but I didn't GD. The doctor did say to watch what I ate though, and it was super hard with all the cravings.
Post a Comment