Thursday, March 27, 2008

Datenight with my Girls


Last night I didn't feel like cooking dinner so the girls and I headed out for a night out. Papa was working late so it was just the three of us. And it was so surprisingly EASY. We went to Earls and they didn't stress me out or anything. Well there was one moment just before our food came out when Alex had to go to the bathroom so all three of us left the table to squeeze into a bathroom stall. Then I started thinking, OMG! what is going to happen when baby Sophia comes and joins us. Will all 4 of us fit into a bathroom stall? Will I be brave enough to take the twins AND a newborn out by myself? I thought NO WAY! One parent and THREE kids seems very overwhelming. So I am going to try and go on many many dates with the girls now (to movies - I really want to see that Whorton Who movie) before Sophia arrives because who knows when I will want to venture out with 3 of my kids. When Papa joins us it would be totally manageable again but I forget how difficult it is to travel with a newborn....the nursing, the diapers, the car seat, etc...

6 comments:

Sonia said...

Date night with the girls sounds like SO much fun!!

Yeah, I can imagine if you were alone with the girls somewhere other then home, you'd have to bring them all with you if you had to go to the washroom. Just pray they have a very large wheel chair accessible washroom stall! When Brandon was younger, I would take the infant carrier or stroller with Brandon in it and Ava would come in there with me.

Some of the washrooms even put a chair (for nursing mothers who don't want to nurse in public) and diaper change table in that stall.

You're a good mama, you'll manage and wonder why you imagined it would be so hard.

:o)

Shannon said...

I've said it to you before and I'll say it again, you are a GREAT Mama Audrey. Three girls will be a breeze, and remember the twins will be a huge help as well. Just do like that lady did to me on the flight....just tap some blonde chick and ask her to watch your kids while you take a mommy moment.

Joyce said...

"Well...our girls will be okay"...ha ha ha!

I'm happy you got some quality family time with your girls. It's hard having house guests, isn't it?

I think we'll probably be heading back to P-town on Sunday or Monday.

Anonymous said...

You mean it doesn't get easier after the first??

Unknown said...

that sounds like fun!! hey, you've already named your baby? it's a girl? congrats! sophia's a gorgeous name...

and like the others say, i'm sure you will handle a new baby like a pro! PLUS, you've got 2 extras to help out!

kyla said...

Its alot easyer then you'd think to take out three kids at a time, its no fun being stuck in the house, I bet you'll venture out with all three girls much sooner then you think. Lovin baby #3's name by the way ;)